PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 5.0

jajchodges
07-24-2015, 01:21 PM
We keep hearing how good this is going to be.... Can you give us some idea what is going to be different or at least a new features???

Paul
07-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Quick list of new features in Mezzmo (Windows) v5.0 - web interface, user profiles, shared folders/playlists, URL streaming, podcast streaming, live streaming, plug-in interface, preferred audio language, personalization features, improved folder/playlist permission settings, improved metadata collection, improved folder/playlist metadata & artwork, more device support, more format support + lots more :). As you can see, it's a major release and we're really excited about how it's looking and working. Still a few things to tidy up before public Beta testing starts. The upcoming Mezzmo (Android) app v2.0 is also a major new release with a great new look & a bunch of cool new features.

If you are waiting for a specific feature in Mezzmo, let me know now and I'll confirm if it has been included into the upcoming Mezzmo (Windows) and Mezzmo (Android) apps.

jboileau
07-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Where can we sign up for beta testing?

jajchodges
07-25-2015, 01:13 AM
As said by jboileau, count me in for beta testing.
Will there be Kodi addon such as emby has... works very nicely

MidnightInAurora
07-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Paul - Can you confirm that v5 will stop removing non-alpha characters from titles when sending it for meta retrieval?

Looking forward to the release.

Jim

Paul
07-25-2015, 07:35 AM

When Beta testing begins, you will get full instructions how to sign-up, install and use the new Mezzmo Beta's. All will be detailed on our web site, forum, Facebook & Twitter pages.

Paul
07-25-2015, 07:37 AM
As said by jboileau, count me in for beta testing.
Will there be Kodi addon such as emby has... works very nicely

We have not created a Kodi plug-in as yet. It is on our TODO list - not sure if we will be able to squeeze it into Mezzmo v5.0, but we'll certainly look into it after the v5.0 release.

Paul
07-25-2015, 07:39 AM
Paul - Can you confirm that v5 will stop removing non-alpha characters from titles when sending it for meta retrieval?

Looking forward to the release.

Jim

Hi JIm,

Yes - this issue should be fixed. Perhaps email us a few non-alpha character examples and we'll re-test them here before going into public Beta. Email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Thanks!

JCDinPGH
10-11-2015, 12:10 PM
I just wondered if you could provide us with a status update on v5.0.

Paul
10-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Mezzmo v5.0 is looking great and working well here in our testing. However, we are still finishing up two features (namely, web interface and plugins). These are mostly done now, so the public Beta testing will commence soon. Thank you all for your patience on this long wait time.

Phaween
10-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Looking forward to 5.0 now ;) Does 5.0 support or plan to support streaming purchased DRM protected file?

Paul
10-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Looking forward to 5.0 now ;) Does 5.0 support or plan to support streaming purchased DRM protected file?

The current version of Mezzmo (v4.1.3.0) does not support streaming DRM files and the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0 does not have new DRM features. We'll consider DRM streaming features for a future version. Thanks for the suggestion!

jajchodges
10-22-2015, 11:08 AM
So... Version 5 hows the progress going

Paul
10-23-2015, 09:32 AM
Mezzmo v5.0 is looking great and working great. Just finishing up the new plugins and we'll be ready for Beta testing.

jajchodges
10-23-2015, 02:13 PM
awesome so could be checking it out publicly at the end of the month?

user623
10-26-2015, 03:03 AM
If you are waiting for a specific feature in Mezzmo, let me know now and I'll confirm if it has been included into the upcoming Mezzmo (Windows) and Mezzmo (Android) apps.

Hello. I always missing next feature:
when i click "play" in mezzmo (on my pc where mezzmo server running) - mezzmo doesn't count it as playcount.
It only count play when i watch through dlna.

whether mezzmo 5 has this feature?

HomerRamone
10-26-2015, 06:08 AM
We have not created a Kodi plug-in as yet. It is on our TODO list - not sure if we will be able to squeeze it into Mezzmo v5.0, but we'll certainly look into it after the v5.0 release.

What will such a plug in do ? I ask because ive just replaced my old WD TV Live (which has been freezing a lot latley) with an HTPC that runs Kodi. I assumed kodi would just pickup Mezzmo on the network and work ?
Im also keen to get 5.0 so that the issue I found with playlists with <X> minutes worth of items has been fixed :)

eldeniro
10-26-2015, 08:18 AM
will you be able to play movies that are rar'd?

will it fix all the ffw rew issues?

Paul
10-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Hello. I always missing next feature:
when i click "play" in mezzmo (on my pc where mezzmo server running) - mezzmo doesn't count it as playcount.
It only count play when i watch through dlna.

whether mezzmo 5 has this feature?

Mezzmo 5.0 does not have this feature. Just to explain: When you right-click on a file in Mezzmo and click "Play", Mezzmo simply runs you default media player app on your PC and your default media player app plays the file. Mezzmo server is no used in this instance so Mezzmo has no idea if the file was played or not.

Paul
10-26-2015, 09:51 AM
What will such a plug in do ? I ask because ive just replaced my old WD TV Live (which has been freezing a lot latley) with an HTPC that runs Kodi. I assumed kodi would just pickup Mezzmo on the network and work ?
Im also keen to get 5.0 so that the issue I found with playlists with <X> minutes worth of items has been fixed :)

Kodi has a a plugin/add-on interface where developers can add extra functionality into it. In the case of Mezzmo, we may be able to better integrate Mezzmo server browsing, metadata display & playback. As mentioned, we will look further into this after Mezzmo v5.0 has been released.

Paul
10-26-2015, 09:55 AM

Mezzmo v5.0 will not auto-play RAR compressed files.

You may get FF/REW issues on your device if Mezzmo is transcoding your files on-the-fly and your device's firmware does not let you FF/REW whilst transcoding is occurring. Once the file has been transcoded, then you should be able to FF/REW as you wish. You can always pre-transcode files before playing them so that you have FF/REW available when playing for the first time.

Dion
10-26-2015, 04:46 PM

Why would you rar a movie? They are already highly compressed. You aren't saving any space. :confused:

eldeniro
10-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Why would you rar a movie? They are already highly compressed. You aren't saving any space. :confused:

When you download files sometimes they are compressed in RAR, some of the other systems can play files even if they are compressed.

just would save time if a file needs to be unrard before you ca watch it.

Not so much of an issue now that I have worked out how to get utorrent to do it when its finished downloading.

RLG59RD
10-26-2015, 08:45 PM

I would like to sign up for Beta testing, if and when available please

RLG

jajchodges
10-27-2015, 10:26 AM
RLG59RD were all anxiously waiting for this release but remember patients, rush it and it will be a let down. Im sure when they need beta testers it will NOT be a secret.
Keep an eye out on the forum

some_evil
10-30-2015, 02:13 PM
I have worked out how to get utorrent to do it when its finished downloading.

Would you mind elaborating on how this was achieved? I would like to automate this process also!

Cheers

Dion
10-30-2015, 04:47 PM
When you download files sometimes they are compressed in RAR, some of the other systems can play files even if they are compressed.

just would save time if a file needs to be unrard before you ca watch it.

Not so much of an issue now that I have worked out how to get utorrent to do it when its finished downloading.

Maybe the uploader shouldn't put them in rar's. It's pointless and a waste of time.

Ghost0911
12-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Any new news on v.5.0 or Android v2.0?

Paul
12-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Getting it ready to begin Beta testing before Xmas.

jmmontoro
12-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Awesome news!

Ghost0911
12-16-2015, 07:07 AM
That's great news. Is that for both Windows and Android versions? I would love to be involved in both. Cheers

Paul
12-16-2015, 09:47 AM
Yes - we'll have Beta testing for both Mezzmo (Windows) v5.0 and Mezzmo (Android) v2.0.

HomerRamone
12-16-2015, 10:19 PM
How will beta testing work ? Will it be open or invite based ?

(Are we there yet.. Are we there yet.. Are we there yet.. Are we there yet.. :) )

Paul
12-17-2015, 09:46 AM
It will be invite based to registered users. After registering to become a Beta tester, you will be emailed full details about the Beta. Our Beta announcement on this forum will contain full details. And, no - we are not there yet :).

mrgenie
12-17-2015, 05:50 PM
Hi Paul, I've been watching this thread very closely but kept quiet because my questions were already asked by other members anyway.

However, there is one question that remains open so far:

Will users like me, who also were participating in beta for 4, be automatically enrolled for beta in 5 or do we need to re-register?

Hashybot
12-17-2015, 06:04 PM
I think I said some months back, the more we pull you away from building Mezzmo 5, the later we get it, but I'm also interested in the question asked above when you have time mate.

Paul
12-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Sorry, I was not very clear in my previous post. The process for testing v5.0 Beta will be pretty much the same as it was for testing v4.0 Beta. So if you participated in v4.0 Beta testing, then you will certainly be eligible for v5.0 Beta testing :). You will need to re-register for v5.0 Beta testing. It's easy to do this - simply send us an email with various details that we'll require. Don't send emails to us yet. Please wait until we announce v5.0 Beta testing has started.

jajchodges
12-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Can I say to all patient (and not so) Finally its here. (Just waiting for confirmation email to get into the beta testing) Cant wait to see Mezzmo 5.0 :) thanks for the early Christmas present conceiva!!

Paul
12-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Give us about 24 hours whilst we do some final Beta testing here and then we will start replying to all requests for Beta testing :).

mrgenie
12-22-2015, 09:41 AM
In my experience with the people behind mezzmo: they maintain a very good balance on spending time on development vs spending time on support and forum participation.

So I wouldn't worry too much about contacting them on the forums distracting them from "real work". One of the few companies that act very professional, IMHO.

Smile
12-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Give us about 24 hours whilst we do some final Beta testing here and then we will start replying to all requests for Beta testing :).

This waiting reminds me of the Hill Valley Courthouse and clock tower, used in Back to the Future, after the lightning strike... Frozen in time.

jajchodges
12-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Smile i just thought i wasnt lucky enough to be in the beta testing process this time around

Smile
12-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Sorry I missed you in irc. You caught me looking at the bowl game. I am sure there is a great reason why the beta has been delayed. It would be nice to hear something about it though.

Paul
12-23-2015, 01:55 PM
It's ready and we'll be contacting Beta testers in the next 1-2 hours :cool:.

Smile
12-23-2015, 02:23 PM
It's ready and we'll be contacting Beta testers in the next 1-2 hours :cool:.

{singing off key} Happy Testing Days Are Here.... You Rock Paul!