PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Kindle App

midsomerjambo
07-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Hi,

I purchased the full version of this in order to access my Mezzmo media server from outside my local LAN. However, I can't seem to find where to manually configure the connection string to connect back to my home PC. I've looked at the How To's but nothing sprang out at me. Does anyone know how to do this? If it's the case that you can't do it, then what is the benefit of the full app vs the free one?

Regards, Gerry

Paul
07-25-2015, 07:43 AM
Hi Gerry,

The current version of Mezzmo (v4.1.3.0) does not let you stream outside your LAN (...actually you can, but it requires quite a lot of configuration/tweaking). Our new Mezzmo v5.0 app lets you stream outside your LAN to your DLNA devices and to devices having web browsers. It's real easy to use and configure. Since you have already purchased Mezzmo, then you (and all other registered users) are entitled to the free upgrade to Mezzmo v5.0 when it is released. We are just completing a few of the features now and will start public Beta testings shortly. This will be your chance to try it and let us know if all is working OK.