PDA

View Full Version : Windows Libraries Feature Not supported it seems (multi volume video folder)

jimbo45
07-27-2015, 11:13 PM
Hi there

My Video library has now expanded so it will need more than ONE volume (/ HDD).

Windows LIBRARIES allows you to create a library and then add folders to it from your HDD's (can be different physical volumes).

Trying to create a new Mezzmo Library fails -- no Folders get added.

(Temporary get around - but a PAIN to do -- Create a STORAGE SPACE of multiple volumes - then Windows treats this as a single Volume and MEZZMO can add the "Folder" to create the MEZZMO library).#

I'd prefer for Mezzmo to work with Windows LIBRARIES feature though. I've got several HDD's so I'd like to have several folders from these different HDD's as a Mezzmo library. Seems it only works if you aggregate these into a Windows storage space (Windows 8 and higher).

Otherwise product works fine.

ftanner
07-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Hi there

My Video library has now expanded so it will need more than ONE volume (/ HDD).

Windows LIBRARIES allows you to create a library and then add folders to it from your HDD's (can be different physical volumes).

Trying to create a new Mezzmo Library fails -- no Folders get added.

(Temporary get around - but a PAIN to do -- Create a STORAGE SPACE of multiple volumes - then Windows treats this as a single Volume and MEZZMO can add the "Folder" to create the MEZZMO library).#

I'd prefer for Mezzmo to work with Windows LIBRARIES feature though. I've got several HDD's so I'd like to have several folders from these different HDD's as a Mezzmo library. Seems it only works if you aggregate these into a Windows storage space (Windows 8 and higher).

Otherwise product works fine.

I have added multiple paths on multiple drives to a single Library in Mezzmo. It works great. I'm not sure of the issue that you're having.

ftanner
07-28-2015, 09:57 AM

Here is a screen shot.

Paul
07-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Mezzmo has a Merged Folders feature that is specifically for users like yourself. See this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6338-Tutorial-How-to-merge-folders-from-different-drives-(NAS-USB-or-internal)