PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail Quality

rjeeves33
11-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Hi guys

I currently enjoy Mezzmo and have both a WD TV Live & Series 7 Samsung and both devices show the following 'issue' The quality of the thumbnails for both music & video is incredibly low quality. Is there any way to increase the quality of the thumbnails? Is the quality of thumbnails configurable in MEzzmo? I saw a thumbnail size option and choose max setting and mainteained library but still the fuzzy thumbnails are show.

Thanks for thoughts.

Rob

Paul
11-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Rob,

The internal thumbnails stored by Mezzmo are 160x160 and this is not configurable at the moment. We plan to add this option soon, so then you could increase it and get better quality artwork. The thumbnail size option currently available is for the thumbnails shown in views in Mezzmo's GUI.

rjeeves33
11-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Shame, thanks for repsonse though :-) Less than an hour !!! awesome

mike.lischke
03-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Hi,

has there anything been done in this regard (I'm running 2.2.0.0 as registered user)? The thubnail I see in WDTV Live is still ... err ... less than optimal.

Mike

Paul
03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi Mike,

Not in the current version, but we'll add this option soon.

Paul
04-07-2011, 03:29 PM
An option to increase the default thumbnail size of 160x160 pixels has now been added into Mezzmo and will be available in the upcoming Mezzmo v2.2.1.

In our testing, most devices require the DLNA standard size of 160x160 pixels for artwork thumbnails, but some devices do accept larger sizes and this can result in a much nicer display on the device. An example, as mentioned in posts in this thread, is the WD TV Live.

To change the default artwork thumbnail size, go to the Options dialog (General page). Once changed, all new files added into Mezzmo will have artwork created at the new size. For existing files in your Mezzmo library, please run Maintain Library and make sure you select "Update all information" so that new thumbnails are generated for all your existing files.

All registered users will be notified when the Mezzmo v2.2.1 update is available via Mezzmo's autoupdate.

Dion
04-07-2011, 04:17 PM
The WDTV Live resizes all thumbs to 200x300 or 120x180. I forget which size. So having larger thumbs wont do anything cept increase loading time. I use 120x180 for all mine.

Paul
04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
The WDTV Live resizes all thumbs to 200x300 or 120x180. I forget which size. So having larger thumbs wont do anything cept increase loading time. I use 120x180 for all mine.

You are right that increasing the size of artwork does increase the amount of data sent to a device, and if the device just resizes the thumbnail back to its smaller size, then there is no benefit to increasing the artwork thumbnail size in Mezzmo. So users should bear this in mind.

In music mode on the WD TV Live, we have found that the thumbnails in a folder/playlist and the artwork displayed when playing a song is playing are different sizes, and increasing the size in Mezzmo does make the album artwork nicer to view when a song is playing.

hartlenb
04-08-2011, 12:24 AM
.... For existing files in your Mezzmo library, please run Maintain Library and make sure you select "Update all information" so that new thumbnails are generated for all your existing files.If we do this won't we loose all updates made to file properties within Mezzmo? As an example, I have corrected the year and artist fields within Mezzmo on all my media so that my smartlists would perform correctly.

Paul
04-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Yes, all information will be replaced, so I'd advise not to do that just to get larger thumbnails. We'll have an option to just update the thumbnails in a future version, so then it'll be safe.