PDA

View Full Version : could not play music on yamha np-s2000 network player

myg
08-15-2015, 09:56 PM
I have obtained yamaha network player and downloaded Mezzmo server and installed it on my PC with Windows 7.
My player sees Mezzmo server, Mezzmo server sees player but I can not play songs on player via Mezzmo interface.
When I choose "play on" no device is selected. When I try to play then Windows player launches.
Thank you!

Paul
08-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Is your Yamaha device listed in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo? Is Mezzmo server listed on your Yamaha device when you list media servers?

The problem may be related to the device profile assigned to your device in Mezzmo. Go to the Media Devices dialog and check the device profile assigned to your Yamaha device. I suggest starting with the "Yamaha RX" device profile. Restart your Mezzmo server after making any device profile changes.

On your Yamaha device, try to connect to Mezzmo server and browse some music playlists/folders and play some music. If that fails, then it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now try to connect to Mezzmo server again from your Yamaha device and browse some music playlists/folders and play some music. When it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

myg
08-19-2015, 05:36 AM
Is your Yamaha device listed in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo? Is Mezzmo server listed on your Yamaha device when you list media servers?

The problem may be related to the device profile assigned to your device in Mezzmo. Go to the Media Devices dialog and check the device profile assigned to your Yamaha device. I suggest starting with the "Yamaha RX" device profile. Restart your Mezzmo server after making any device profile changes.

On your Yamaha device, try to connect to Mezzmo server and browse some music playlists/folders and play some music. If that fails, then it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now try to connect to Mezzmo server again from your Yamaha device and browse some music playlists/folders and play some music. When it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Yamaha can connect Mezzmo and browse folders and play music when operating with buttons from device. When I start to play from Mezzmo browser from PC it could not see device to play.
I have changed to Yamaha RX and Yamaha RX mp3 - no result. I have send logs to support

Paul
08-19-2015, 11:22 AM
OK - thanks. Got your logs and we'll respond shortly via email.