PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic BDT 330 limits videos in Mezzemo

TSchneiberg
08-19-2015, 07:14 AM
I have a Panasonic DMP BDT330 DVD player. I believe I have everything setup properly. Settings are correct, Fixed IP, etc. No mater what I try, I can only see movie folders up to the "Ts". All folders beyond are not listed.
I also have a DMP BDT320, which works fine.
Am I missing something in the setup?

Paul
08-19-2015, 11:00 AM
We do know that certain Panasonic device models (TVs & Blu-ray players) have a limit on the number of characters that can be delivered for each file in a folder/playlist listing. The result is what you are getting - i.e. the file listing is cut-off midway when the Panasonic device receives a file listing with a long description. As a test, go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your device. Change the device profile to "Panasonic Viera (2012 models)" and save your change. Now try browsing your Mezzmo server now on your Panasonic DMP BDT330. If that now lists all files correctly, then email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide an updated device profile to try.

TSchneiberg
08-20-2015, 11:48 PM
I tried this profile and a number of others. Mezzmo worked with most of them, but with ALL of them the folders were limited to 199. Where the DVD player lists the folders it lists 1-199. I cannot get past this. Each folder is a movie title.

Paul
08-21-2015, 10:33 AM
Your device's firmware may be limited to 200 items per folder listing :(. To check this, send us a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server from your device and reproduce the 200 folder/file limit. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

TSchneiberg
08-22-2015, 02:49 AM
Your device's firmware may be limited to 200 items per folder listing :(. To check this, send us a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server from your device and reproduce the 200 folder/file limit. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Here are the log files. I am also including a screen shot of an error that happens every time I leave the software open for a while, like hours. It always crashes.

I have it installed on a WIN 8.1, 64 bit, machine with a very fast processor (I7), 12 GB RAM,

Paul
08-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Sorry - we have not received your log files :(. Please email the logs files, screenshot & any crash dumps to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. If they are > 10MB, then upload them to a filesharing site like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, mega.co.nz, etc. and email us the download link.