PDA

View Full Version : Denon DNP 720

Colin
08-19-2015, 08:21 AM
OK I have a problem and I'm pretty certain it isn't a Mezzmo problem but I am putting it here in the hope that someone else may have encountered it. I have used Mezzmo and my Denon for a couple of years and it is brilliant. This afternoon the Denon stopped playing so restarted it. Now whenever I stream to it it plays for 10 seconds and then stops and trys to reconnect. It's not Mezzmo as streaming to other sources is fine. Anyone ever encoumtered something like this.

Paul
08-19-2015, 10:49 AM
The problem may be caused by your router that your DNP 720 is connected to. Reboot your router and see if things improve. If no improvement, then the next thing to check is your DNP 720's firmware possibly having a wrong setting. You could reset it back to factory settings and see if that helps. Also, check the Denon web site (or Settings) to see if there is a firmware upgrade for your unit. In Mezzmo, check the device profile is OK. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to check this. Your device should be using one of the Denon device profiles.

If the problem persists, then we can take a look at a set of logs & that may tell us what is going wrong. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now connect to Mezzmo server from your DNP 720 & reproduce the problem. Once reproduced, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Colin
08-19-2015, 10:29 PM
Hi Paul, thanks for the prompt reply. Tried all the suggestions but still disconnecting after 10 seconds. I've emailed the log files in the hope that it might point a finger at what it is. I suspect it's the player is the problem. Streaming to all other media devices is working fine.

Paul
08-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Got your logs. We'll analyse them shortly and report back via email.

Colin
08-21-2015, 11:28 PM
Thanks Paul. As ever excellent service and problem resolved. The new Denon Profile and switching off UPnP in the router solved it.

Paul
08-22-2015, 01:06 PM
Glad that's working better now, Colin :). Thanks for the confirmation.