PDA

View Full Version : REST Interface

toasted
08-20-2015, 07:44 PM
I would love to use a REST interface like I can do with serviio. It would be very easy to embed movies, pictures and music on websites, mediaplayer, ...

But I think its not on the list of mezzmo5..?

Best regards from Austria,
Daniel

Paul
08-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Hi Daniel,

The upcoming Mezzmo v5.0 has a full web interface - meaning you can browse your Mezzmo library in any web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, device-browsers, etc.) and play your video, music and photo files. It will also have a RESTful interface for playing files in your Mezzmo library :).

smitbret
08-23-2015, 07:00 AM
Hi Daniel,

The upcoming Mezzmo v5.0 has a full web interface - meaning you can browse your Mezzmo library in any web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, device-browsers, etc.) and play your video, music and photo files. It will also have a RESTful interface for playing files in your Mezzmo library :).

Enough with the teasing, Paul.

Bring on v5!!!!!

;)

toasted
08-25-2015, 05:19 PM
:o THAT makes me really happy!! So I agree with smitbret: #bringOnV5 :D

Paul
09-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Sorry - just a clarification: The upcoming Mezzmo v5.0 will have a full web interface for browsing & playing media in your web browser, with personalization features so you can control what your friends & family can browse & play. It will also let you share permanent links to your media files and embed media from your Mezzmo library on other web sites (like Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.) However, the RESTful interface for controlling media selection & playback, etc. will not be included in Mezzmo v5.0, but we do have plans to add into a subsequent version.

toasted
09-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Oh.. So its not yet possible to use my own website :(

But I await the mezzmo webinterface with interest. Eventually its not necessary to use my own site (usermanagement, stylesettings, ...).

Thanks for the update Paul!

Best regards from Austria,
Daniel