PDA

View Full Version : High Hopes and Impatience

Smile
08-26-2015, 08:56 AM
As I sit inside my house, watching a movie on MEZZMO, I occasionally note the wind blowing around everything not secured to terra firma. Why did I start this new thread in such a manner? I don't have a really good reason other than boredom.

Boredom Definition:

Mezzmo users waiting for the new version with features yet to be tested. :D
Mezzmo users waiting for the time when a couple of more weeks actually happens. :rolleyes:
MEzzmo users who have way too much time on their hands and make forum threads like this one. :o

Paul, Is there any news to be shared on when we can Beta Test the new server and apps?

Sincerely signed,
~Hopeful

Paul
08-26-2015, 09:54 AM
Very funny, Smile :D. Yep - we are taking too long and it's annoying us as well. The update I don't wish to tell you is that it is not quite ready yet (we are still finishing & testing our new plugin interface & web interface features). I also dread telling you "...Beta in a few weeks" again, but unfortunately that's the right answer.

Smile
08-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the update Paul :)

I'm am not personally annoyed. I am also a programmer and I know the troubles involved in making a product worth its name.

I/We will continue to patiently await the Beta release, of what we are sure will be the greatest Mezzmo ever, in a few weeks... :rolleyes:

smitbret
08-28-2015, 03:38 AM
As I sit inside my house, watching a movie on MEZZMO, I occasionally note the wind blowing around everything not secured to terra firma. Why did I start this new thread in such a manner? I don't have a really good reason other than boredom.

Boredom Definition:

Mezzmo users waiting for the time when a couple of more weeks actually happens. :rolleyes:
MEzzmo users who have way too much time on their hands and make forum threads like this one. :o

Paul, Is there any news to be shared on when we can Beta Test the new server and apps?

Sincerely signed,
~Hopeful

With the exception of point #3......... :D

BeFi
08-28-2015, 10:22 PM
#3 +1
Lol :o

Mezzmo 4.1.3 can't be bettered. Rock Stable, streaming all my different music and video formats to all my 7 or 8 different devices like a breeze. Win 10 - not the slightest issue yet.

I don't need Mezzmo to brew Espresso via an Android app as long as it is the stable hub to my home-media network. Conceiva Team: Take your time. Make 5.0 right. User expectations have been set high by 4.1.3.

Ahhhh, and don't forget the Synology version of Mezzmo. That will make me buy another Mezzmo license with joy.

Paul
08-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Thank for all the nice comments :). We're really excited by Mezzmo (Windows) v5.0 and Mezzmo (Android) v2.0 - so hopefully the long wait will be worth it.

sundaydiver
09-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Thank for all the nice comments :). We're really excited by Mezzmo (Windows) v5.0 and Mezzmo (Android) v2.0 - so hopefully the long wait will be worth it.

Hi, if I purchase v4 now, will i be able to upgrade to v5 for free?

Paul
09-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Hi, if I purchase v4 now, will i be able to upgrade to v5 for free?

Yes, Mezzmo v5.0 will be a free upgrade for all registered users :)

Hashybot
09-12-2015, 12:02 AM
Been hanging for this upgrade also. :) I wanted to start a thread like this one, but the more time I take Paul away from needing to read this, the more seconds the new version won't be here... wait I just done what I just said I shouldn't have. :D

Looking forward to it Paul, I know it will be awesome. (Thumbs up)

Paul
09-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks, Hashybot :)

chattojimnow
09-17-2015, 02:21 PM
So any chance of some teaser screen shots of v5.0 to keep the impatient users at bay........

Paul
09-17-2015, 04:52 PM
I'll see what we can dig up :cool:

Smile
09-28-2015, 08:15 AM
<Smile> continues to watch Paul digging up screen shots and wonders if he will reach the core of the Fabulous and New Mezzmo 5.0 first....

Another month of waiting patiently :rolleyes: LOL

Smile
10-31-2015, 07:35 AM

Boredom Definition:

Sincerely signed,
~Hopeful

{sigh} I thought about posting in the "Mezzmo Wish List" for Mezzmo 5 to be released... Must have been some more of that "too much time on their hands" stuff. :rolleyes:

Paul
10-31-2015, 01:39 PM
Sorry for the lack of screenshots - we've been tweaking & finalizing the user interface over the past few weeks in preparation for the Beta. We'll post a few here next week. Promise :).

BeFi
11-04-2015, 08:29 AM
I get the impression that the Conceiva team intends to release 5.0 during the one-year anniversary party of 4.1.3 on Dec 08, 2015 ;)

I repeat myself saying: Take your time, do 5.0 right. Mezzmo users have been pampered by a rock-stable 4.1.3.

Ahhh, and don't forget the Synology DSM version of Mezzmo (as I started to add to all my posts recently)

Regards
Bernhard

Paul
11-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Thanks, Bernhard. First step is to get public Beta testing started and then hopefully we can release in December.

Hans_marantzm-cr603
11-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Thanks, Bernhard. First step is to get public Beta testing started and then hopefully we can release in December.

As in "releasing the preview pictures"?:mad:

Paul
11-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Here's a few screenshots of the new web interface for Mezzmo v5.0.

Note: All features & user interface shown in these screenshots are pre-Beta and are subject to change.

When you or your friends access your Mezzmo server in their web browser, they will be prompted to log into your Mezzmo server. This lets you control who accesses your Mezzmo library. You can customize your homepage for users as you wish and restrict what folders, playlists and files you want your fiends to see. You can create as many user profiles as you like which lets you customize access to your Mezzmo server as you like. Here is Chris' photo library that he created with Mezzmo.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/images/forum/web-homepage.png

Paul
11-06-2015, 11:54 AM
After logging into your Mezzmo server using your web browser, you can view all your folders, playlists and files & play your files in your web browser as you wish.

Here's the thumbnail view for Chris' photo collection.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/images/forum/web-grid-view.png

Paul
11-06-2015, 11:55 AM
And, here's the list view for Chris' photo collection.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/images/forum/web-list-view.png

Paul
11-06-2015, 11:58 AM
When clicking on a thumbnail, you can view all details about the video, music or photo - including all metadata contained in your Mezzmo library. If you wish, you can also share your file on popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/images/forum/web-details-view.png

Paul
11-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Clicking Play will play the video, music or photo in your web browser. We've included built-in video players, music players and photo slideshow players for all popular web browsers.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/images/forum/web-photo-slideshow.png

Paul
11-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Here's a few screenshots of Mezzmo (Android) v2.0. We've redesigned the app to work with all popular Android devices - including Android TV devices & Amazon Fire TV.

Here's a new Gallery view that lets you browse your files whilst seeing full metadata.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/images/forum/android-gallery-view.png

Paul
11-06-2015, 12:08 PM
The thumbnail and list views have been improved. You will also notice a small player on the bottom right. This tells you what's currently playing & gives you instant access to pause & play the currently playing file.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/images/forum/android-grid-view.png http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/images/forum/android-list-view.png

Paul
11-06-2015, 12:11 PM
We now have built-in players for video, music and photos in Mezzmo (Android) v2.0. This means you will not have to use other apps to play your videos.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/images/forum/android-now-playing-view.png

SolihullRog
11-06-2015, 09:20 PM

Boredom Definition:

Sincerely signed,
~Hopeful

I used to work for a leading software house.

We had a policy for our development programme - "Better to get top quality than to release too soon".

Paul
11-07-2015, 12:53 PM
We had a policy for our development programme - "Better to get top quality than to release too soon".

Fully agree - it's something we follow here as well. But I can understand users getting impatient for all the upcoming features :).

Smile
11-22-2015, 11:38 AM

Boredom Definition:

Sincerely signed,
~Hopeful

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

No my child! We are not there yet. We will be there when we get there...

Paul,
Please help calm the children with the hyper-Mezzmo5 beta :)

Paul
11-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Very busy finishing off the final few features. It's all looking & performing great.

jbinkley60
11-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Paul,

Quick question on v5. Will it offer a Play-To function via the web interface or just play on the device which is connecting to the web interface ?

Paul
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Quick question on v5. Will it offer a Play-To function via the web interface or just play on the device which is connecting to the web interface ?

The latter - i.e. browse & play your files on the device/app having the web interface. For example, your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc.), your tablet, smartphone, TV, etc. For Play To style browsing and pushing to your devices on your home network, our Mezzmo Android app is still the best choice.

jbinkley60
11-24-2015, 11:50 AM
That was the answer I expected. I was hoping for a web interface so I could get rid of Foobar for its uPNP Play-To function from a PC interface.

Paul
11-24-2015, 12:58 PM
That was the answer I expected. I was hoping for a web interface so I could get rid of Foobar for its uPNP Play-To function from a PC interface.

Mezzmo (Windows) app does have right-click "Play To" menus and a Play To pane that lets you push your media files onto your devices for immediate playback and control playback on your devices from your Windows PC.

jbinkley60
11-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Mezzmo (Windows) app does have right-click "Play To" menus and a Play To pane that lets you push your media files onto your devices for immediate playback and control playback on your devices from your Windows PC.

Thanks Paul but it's slightly more complicated. This is for my wife so she can push music to a Raspberry Pi which plays to our whole house audio system. The Raspberry Pi connects to Mezzmo. I was looking for something simple for her to use without having to remote desktop to the Mezzmo server and be on the main interface. Today we use Foobar. I just bought her an Amazon Fire tablet for Christmas. I'll look to the Mezzmo Android client for her.

Paul
11-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Understand now. We've had a few requests for a simple Windows DMC app that will let you connect to your Mezzmo server, browse your Mezzmo library and let you push/play files on your devices in your home. We've already added the suggestion to our development task list.

I think our upcoming Mezzmo (Android) app v2.0 on your new Amazon Fire tablet will be a great solution for your wife.

Tokyo
12-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Soon we will be celebrating a one year anniversary :rolleyes:

BeFi
12-09-2015, 12:13 AM
The Day has come as predicted long ago:

The 1-year anniversary of 4.1.3 is here. 4.1.3. - unmolested by further attempts for improvement - has become the most stable release of Mezzmo ever. A worthy representative of a truly great product.

Now its time to bring Mezzmo to the ever growing base of NAS servers, Synology in particular ;-)

Paul
12-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the anniversary update :D. We're confident that the upcoming v5.0 will be a major improvement over the (now classic) v4.1.3.0. We just have to finish it :mad:.

stewart
12-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Hi how far intill the new v5 is out ?

MidnightInAurora
12-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Two weeks.

Smile
12-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Two weeks.

Two weeks? Really? Two weeks?

Holy Smokes Batman! I think I am going to faint. Paul has been telling us "a few weeks..." for so long now my beard is touching the ground. :rolleyes: LOL

MidnightInAurora
12-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Really? Arnold Schwarzenegger, Total Recall? His answer to the Mars customs agent. Classic.

But sure, two weeks. So everyone keep quiet about it until then. The person that remains the quietest will get a free copy of Mezzmo v5 for the discounted price of $29.95 and as an added bonus, a 15 day free trial of Mezzmo Android.

Paul
12-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Hi how far intill the new v5 is out ?

MidnightInAurora may actually end up being correct (i.e. 2 weeks) :). We are trying to get you all into Beta testing before Xmas.

Smile
12-11-2015, 12:31 AM
MidnightInAurora may actually end up being correct (i.e. 2 weeks) :). We are trying to get you all into Beta testing before Xmas.

Title: Santa Paul is coming to town
{music playing} You better not pout. You better not cry. You better not bug him I telling you why. Santa Paul is coming to town...

or perhaps

Title: I'm dreaming of a Mezzmo 5 Christmas...?

jboileau
12-11-2015, 01:29 AM

I certainly am eager and ready to put the new baby through its pace and report back, as many others am sure. Bring on the beta!

Paul
12-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Beta testing is now open :D. See http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/8563-Mezzmo-(Windows)-v5-0-and-Mezzmo-(Android)-v2-0-Invitation-for-Beta-testers to get an invitation to become a Beta tester.

Smile
12-22-2015, 05:36 AM
Beta testing is now open :D.

<Smile> is impatiently watching the inbox of his email hoping for the magic, of what is to become the greatest MEZZMO ever recorded in history, to begin....

jajchodges
12-22-2015, 01:02 PM
<Smile> is impatiently watching the inbox of his email hoping for the magic, of what is to become the greatest MEZZMO ever recorded in history, to begin....

Totally doing the same