PDA

View Full Version : Chromecast - audio compression

olav
08-28-2015, 10:39 PM
When trans coding mkv files the audio compression is to hard, resulting in bad sound quality. Can the device profile for Google Chromecast be modified to improve sound quality?

Paul
08-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a tweaked device profile for you to try.

donkeydru
09-07-2015, 04:32 PM
sent you an email about this too.

Video with MP3 or any other 2channel audio seems fine but once it decodes surround the bitrate goes back to the dialup days to the point I can hear artifacts in the background.

I suspect this is due to a bandwidth restriction on the heavier 5.1 as opposed to the smaller 2channel?
Any chance you could optimize this profile to downmix all to 2channel? as I just have it as a simple bedroom TV setup.

Thanks in advance

Paul
09-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll tweak the device profile for you to try. In your email, describe the problem in detail and include FFmpeg information for video that you can hear audio artifacts when streaming to Chromecast dongles. Right-click on the video in Mezzmo (Windows) app and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

ohmygeeks
09-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Media container formats supported by Chromecast is AAC, MP3, MP4, WAV, WebM...
Video&Audio codecs: H.264 High Profile Level 4.1 (the processor can decode up to 720/60 or 1080/30), VP8, HE-AAC, LC-AAC, MP3, Vorbis, WAV (LPCM)

Hope it may be helpful.