PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Sont Bravia to Home Network

shamara
09-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Hi
I have a Sony Bravia TV and I want to use Mezzmo. The problem is that my TV is connected to my router (apparantly, because I can see it in my DHCP clients), but I cannot see my TV name in Network section of my file explorer. Thus, I think it is not connected to my Home Network. In my TV, when I try refreshing server list to connect to Mezzmo, it says "servers cannot be recognised".
When I check connection on the TV, everything seems OK! It's connected and has IP, etc.
I'm using Windows 10, disabled Firewall.
I did upgrade TV firmware and:
"Power off the router or modem for 1 minute. Disconnect and connect plugs of the router or modem and turn on the power. IMPORTANT: Wait at least 5 minutes after the power cycle before checking the Internet connection status.
Take off the AC cord of the TV for 1 minute and turn it on again.
Try Refresh Internet Content a few times. This can be done by pressing the Home button from the supplied remote control and selecting Settings > Network > Refresh Internet Content.
If Refresh Internet Content could be executed, check whether the error code is displayed for a specific content or other multiple contents."

I don't have access to Internet (I got 2123 error), but I donn't need it.
I just want connect my TV to my Home Network, so I can use Mezzmo.

Update:

When I use server diagnostic tool: it finds the server (my PC, with the same port I configured in Mezzmo), but it says "Failed". The TV finds my PC IP but not the name: "unknown server"
and when I try "update server list" it says server was not recognised.

sorry for my poor English

Paul
09-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Check that your router's firewall is not blocking UPnP/DLNA ports/communications. Also, see this FAQ for other possible reasons & fixes - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. If still a problem, let us know and we'll investigate further for you.

SolihullRog
11-01-2015, 10:10 PM
I have a working setup which includes my sony Bravia and mezzmo.

I don't see my TV when I go into 'Network' in Windows. I think that this is because it doesn't see further than my router.

To check, in Mezzmo, go into 'Media Devices' and confirm that you understand each one. Your TV may show as Unknown Device.

If you find such a device, via the dropdown, change its Device Profile to Sony Bravia ?????? I use 2013 for mine