PDA

View Full Version : Devices cannot see any files in mezzmo

russtymango
09-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Hello All
My problem is that Mezzmo is running however when my devices access mezzmo there are no files to be found. I have so far disabled all my firewalls, restarted the server and removed and re-added my files within mezzmo. Any ideas?

Paul
09-08-2015, 07:13 PM
If your files are stored on a NAS (or external computer), then the likely reason is due to access permissions where Mezzmo server (running as a Windows service on your computer under the Local System account) does not have access rights to your files. See this FAQ to fix the problem - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network.

russtymango
09-08-2015, 08:49 PM
It's ok, I seemed to have solved the problem. You were correct the files did not have permission (even though they were residing on my internal hard drive) all I had to do was set the permissions of the files that I wanted Mezzmo to share, so that "everyone" could access them by giving permission to "everyone" in the sharing settings under the properties window of said folder. Thanks again.

Paul
09-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Glad you found the problem & thanks for posting back your solution. Hope you enjoy streaming with Mezzmo!

Laz Baz
09-20-2015, 07:41 AM
It's ok, I seemed to have solved the problem. You were correct the files did not have permission (even though they were residing on my internal hard drive) all I had to do was set the permissions of the files that I wanted Mezzmo to share, so that "everyone" could access them by giving permission to "everyone" in the sharing settings under the properties window of said folder. Thanks again.
I am running Windows 10. How do I access the area and allow permission?

Peter
09-21-2015, 09:56 AM
You can right-click on the folder in Windows 10 and go to properties then select the Security tab to add permissions for user access.

Laz Baz
09-30-2015, 07:52 AM
You can right-click on the folder in Windows 10 and go to properties then select the Security tab to add permissions for user access.

This is what I see on Security tab. So what do I do here?

Paul
09-30-2015, 10:11 AM
This is what I see on Security tab. So what do I do here?

Make sure the "Allow" column is ticked for all the user names and that should ensure all is OK. Next, check if "Everyone" is listed as a group / user name. If not, add it and then make sure the "Allow" column is ticked.