PDA

View Full Version : Service not starting in Windows 8 and 10

Notorious
09-09-2015, 09:20 PM
On two different computers, running win 8 and 10, mezzmo service doesn't auto start with windows.

I have to manually open services and click start.

Service is set to automatic start.
I have tried switching between Local System, Local Service and Network Service.

Is there any alternate way to start mezzmo with windows ?

btw plex starts without issue.

Paul
09-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Try going to the Services Manager (in your Run/Search prompt type "services.msc") and then go to Properties for the Mezzmo server and set it to start "Automatic (Delayed Start)" - see if that helps.

donkeydru
09-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Mezzmo was set to run at startup on my windows 10 machine but for some reason it wasnt doing it.

Realized W10 disabled is as it thought it would make my system start faster without it lol.
Go to taskmanager and the startup tab then see if its disabled there.

ctrl+alt+del
task manager
startup tab

Paul
09-14-2015, 07:04 AM
Thanks for sharing this Windows 10 tip!

Mike Swift
10-04-2015, 09:34 PM
I was having the same problem and was directed to this thread, I've looked at Task Manager and Mezzmo status is enabled and start up impact is high.

Mezzmo does start but not the server and there doesn't seem to be anything relevant in task manager to cure this.

Paul
10-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Hi Mike,

If you send us a set of logs, we should be able to see what's going wrong. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Reboot your PC to reproduce the startup problem. Once reproduced, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app (if running). Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.