PDA

View Full Version : Automatically getting Media info from titles including dashes

ErikElgerot
09-22-2015, 03:23 AM
I've bumped into a bit of a problem with Mezzmo's functionality to automatically get movie/episode data from a file name. If the title of a movie or series contains a dash ("-"), this will be parsed by Mezzmo as a space (so for example, the series "Hawaii Five-0" will be parsed as "Hawaii Five 0"). However, the search functionality for finding this through tvdb or moviedb will then not hit its target - "Hawaii Five-0" will find it, and "Hawaii Five0" will, but "Hawaii Five 0" will not be found, and as such you are forced to go through each individual file and either rename them to not match the standards, or search for metadata for each file individually after updating the field.

I understand the reasoning behind it, as some systems will not play nicely with spaces in filenames and will use dashes instead, but in that case perhaps the search function could take this into account as it seems to do with missing spaces, or there could be an option?

Peter
09-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Hi,
please see the post http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7331-Multi-editing-metadata-in-Tv-Series-possible?p=28588#post28588 for information on resolving this problem.

ErikElgerot
09-23-2015, 03:25 AM
Well, thanks I suppose. That post only says what I already wrote in my OP: That you have to rename each file individually to remove dashes (and therefore making the filenames look ... less than ideal) to get it to work with your search function.

I guess this means that you have no plans to actually fix this problem at all?

Paul
09-23-2015, 11:47 AM
One workaround for this is to create an external metadata file alongside your video files and Mezzmo will read this. This lets you have a TV series name with dashes. See this post - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/8430-Possible-tweak?p=32211#post32211. You can either create specific XML files for each video, or a "series.xml" file for a folder of episode videos. If you still have problems, let us know and we'll help further.