PDA

View Full Version : Getting frustrated now-still can't play music files

pvanosta
11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I upgraded to the newest version.

It sees my Itunes (I can see all the files in Mezzmo).

I tried two device profiles: Sony BDP Player NTSC and Sony BDP - no DIVX

The server is on.
On my TV, I vcan see Mezzmo. I can drill down to the album level. Whern I select an album, I get the SAME error I've been getting all along:

There is no playable file

Please: What am I missing??

Paul
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then repeat the steps you describe (i.e. connecting to Mezzmo using your Sony BDP player, going to into an album and getting the error message). Then stop the Mezzmo server and send us all the logs for further investigation to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Doorknob
11-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey PV, I had similar oddness. Have you imported your playlists from iTunes? When you say you see your files in Mezzmo do you mean simply that they have been imported under the "Music" branch?

I had similar issues, and found once I imported my playlists, I could play my music without issue from the playlists I imported (this is what I wanted to do anyway, just didn't realize I could do it at the time:).

To import your playlist:

Right-click iTunes page under Photos,
Select "Add iTunes library".
Find your iTunes library xml file (mine was under My Documents/Music/iTunes, and was called iTunes Music Library.xml)
Click Open.
It will now pull in all your iTunes playlists.

After I did that, I was able to see all my iTunes playlists listed in my media players, and they have played without fail.

pvanosta
11-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the tip.

I imported Itunes in the way you described from the start.
And I can see my playlists in Mezzmo on the PC.

I can't see the playlists on my TV. I see artists and genres etc., but not playlists (or actual music files inside the album folders).

Logs were sent to customer service.

jordanthompson
12-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I have a Sony Blu ray player also and I used to be able to browse (either by artist, folder, etc) to listen to music. I can no longer do this with the latest upgrade from mezzmo. Has anyone figure this problem out?
I get the dreaded "There is no playable file." error :(

JohnM
12-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I just noticed it lol. Don't normally listen to music on my tv.

I used to be able to listen to wav and mp3. Can't now. Changed my profile to an earlier version. I can listen to mp3 again.
Been up since 4am, I am going to catch some zzzs than I will look at it again. If you want to play around, BACKUP your profiles.
Then edit the SonyBDP-NTSC-NoDivX.prf file. They are in C:\ProgramData\Conceiva\Mezzmo\DeviceProfiles.

Try playing around with:
<avcontainer id="mp3" name="mp3" encode="1" mimetype="audio/mp3" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="MP3" preferredtranscoded="1" supportschunked="0">
<audio>
<format id="mp3" encode="1" codec="libmp3lame" preferredtranscoded="1">
<maxbitrate>320000</maxbitrate>
<maxsamplingrate>48000</maxsamplingrate>
<minsamplingrate>11025</minsamplingrate>
<samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
<samplingrate>44100</samplingrate>
<samplingrate>32000</samplingrate>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2" name="aac" encode="0" mimetype="audio/aac" supportschunked="0">
<audio>
<format id="aac" encode="0">
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="pcm_s16le" name="lpcm" encode="1" mimetype="audio/L16" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="LPCM" preferredtranscoded="1">
<audio>
<format id="s16be" encode="1" codec="pcm_s16le" preferredtranscoded="1">
<channels>2</channels>
<bitrate>1536000</bitrate>
<maxbitrate>1536000</maxbitrate>
<minbitrate>8000</minbitrate>
<minsamplingrate>44100</minsamplingrate>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>

Like I said the mp3 works again, so it looks like the profile needs fixed. When Support gets back from their weekend, I'm sure it'll be fixed. But feel free to play around, just remember to BACKUP before you start.

JohnM
12-12-2010, 06:45 AM
I have most of my music playing again. What I did was to change my profile to:

<avcontainer id="mp3" name="mp3" encode="1" mimetype="audio/mp3" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="MP3" preferredtranscoded="1" supportschunked="0">
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
<!-- <avcontainer id="mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2" name="aac" encode="1" mimetype="audio/aac" supportschunked="0">
<audio>
<format id="aac" encode="1" codec="aac">
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="pcm_s16le" name="lpcm" encode="1" mimetype="audio/wav" dlnaprofile="LPCM">
<audio>
<format id="pcm_s16le" encode="1" codec="pcm_s16le">
<channels>2</channels>
<minsamplingrate>44100</minsamplingrate>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>-->

So if you see the <!-- that is the start of a comment the --> marks the end of the comment
What this does is to remove the aac and wav defs from my profile. I also made sure that the mp3 profile worked and set it up so that the other formats would be transcoded into mp3. So all of my music is now played as mp3. If you really can't wait for them to get back, this should hold you over. lol

jordanthompson
12-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Mine does not look quite like yours (I have included it here.) Can you please post yours (that works?)
thanks,
Jordan

<MezzmoDeviceProfile>
<version>112</version>
<device>
<guid>AEE56A9A-3F76-4300-94B9-60FD58EBAFF5</guid>
<name manufacturer="Sony" model="BDP (NTSC, No DivX)"/>
<useragent>UPnP/1.0</useragent>
<xavclient>Blu-ray</xavclient>
<mezzmoserver></mezzmoserver>
<transcoding enabled="1" minimumstreamingsize="2000000" waitmsbeforestreaming="2000" contentlength="5" autorotateimages="0"/>
<devicedescription>GenericDeviceDescription.xml</devicedescription>
<packetsize>524318</packetsize>
<packetsize>4096000</packetsize>
<videomax width="1920" height="1080" />
</device>
<descriptiondeliveryrules>
<!-- delivery description rules specify what the device will see for each file. A file is considered to be supported if
it matches a format, audio/video codecs within that format and any codec limits in this device profile. Best fit is
if one of the 2 stream from a format description matches the original file. Preferred transcoded format describes
the best quality format a device can play. Transcoded list is all combinations of formats that we can encode to,
possibly including preferred transcoded and baseline. When building a file description, Mezzmo follows the following
rules order: supported, bestfit, preferredtranscoded, transcodedlist, baseline, nonsupported -->
<!-- please note that if transcoding is disabled or baseline and preferredtranscoded are set to no,
then the nonsupported flag is automatically set to yes. If transcoding is disabled, then only supported and
nonsupported rules are checked and used. -->
<supported>yes</supported>
<!-- baseline, bestfit, transcodedlist, nonsupported and preferredtranscoded can be either one of: yes, no, auto
yes = always deliver, no = never deliver, auto = deliver if not delivered already by one of the rules above it -->
<bestfit>auto</bestfit>
<preferredtranscoded>auto</preferredtranscoded>
<transcodedlist>auto</transcodedlist>
<baseline>auto</baseline>
<nonsupported>auto</nonsupported>
</descriptiondeliveryrules>
<avcontainer id="mpeg" name="mpeg_ntsc" encode="1" mimetype="video/mpeg" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="MPEG_PS_NTSC" format="dvd" supportschunked="0">
<video>
<format id="mpeg2video" encode="1" codec="mpeg2video">
<dimensions width="1920" height="1080" />
<copyts>1</copyts>
<samequality>1</samequality>
<framerate>29.97</framerate>
<gop>18</gop>
<bitrate>25000000</bitrate>
</format>
</video>
<audio>
<format id="ac3" encode="1" codec="ac3">
<channels>2</channels>
<channels>6</channels>
<bitrate>448000</bitrate>
<maxbitrate>448000</maxbitrate>
<minbitrate>64000</minbitrate>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
<format id="mp3" encode="0">
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
<format id="mp2" encode="0">
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
<format id="pcm_s16be" encode="0">
</format>
</audio>
<ffmpegadditional>-threads 4 -copyinkf -sc_threshold 1000000000</ffmpegadditional>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="mpegts" name="mpegts_transcoding" encode="1" format="mpegts" mimetype="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" dlnaprofile="MPEG_TS_SD_NA" supportschunked="0" preferredtranscoded="1">
<video>
<format id="mpeg1video" encode="0">
</format>
</video>
<video>
<format id="mpeg2video" encode="0">
</format>
</video>
<video>
<format id="h264" encode="1" codec="libx264" preferredtranscoded="1">
<copyts>1</copyts>
</format>
</video>
<audio>
<format id="ac3" encode="1" codec="ac3" preferredtranscoded="1">
<channels>2</channels>
<channels>6</channels>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
<ffmpegadditional>-threads 4 -coder 1 -flags +loop -cmp +chroma -me_method hex -subq 6 -me_range 16 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -b_strategy 1 -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 0 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -bf 3 -refs 2 -directpred 1 -trellis 1 -flags2 +bpyramid+mixed_refs+wpred+dct8x8+fastpskip -wpredp 2 -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb</ffmpegadditional>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="s16be" name="lpcm" encode="1" mimetype="audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="LPCM" preferredtranscoded="1" supportschunked="0">
<audio>
<format id="s16be" encode="1" codec="pcm_s16be" preferredtranscoded="1">
<channels>2</channels>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="mp3" name="mp3" encode="0" mimetype="audio/mp3" baseline="1" preferredtranscoded="0" dlnaprofile="MP3" supportschunked="0">
<audio>
<format id="mp3" encode="0" codec="libmp3lame" preferredtranscoded="0">
<bitrate>320000</bitrate>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_lrg" encode="1" mimetype="image/jpeg" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_LRG" supportschunked="0">
<image>
<format id="jpeg" encode="1" mimetype="image/jpeg" codec="98" quality="2">
<maxdimensions width="4096" height="4096" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_med" encode="1" mimetype="image/jpeg" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_MED" supportschunked="0" preferredtranscoded="1">
<image>
<maxdimensions width="1024" height="768" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_tn" encode="1" mimetype="image/jpeg" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_TN" preferredthumbnail="1" supportschunked="0">
<image>
<maxdimensions width="160" height="160" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
</MezzmoDeviceProfile>

jordanthompson
12-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Not sure if it was supposed to work (I am a real newb to this stuff) but I copied your post (the quoted part) into the config file and restarted the server. I got the same results (there is no playable file.)

Not sure how to do this:
I also made sure that the mp3 profile worked and set it up so that the other formats would be transcoded into mp3. So all of my music is now played as mp3

By the way, most of my music is in mp3 format (and I can't see the files when I navigate to the folder via my sony bd player - I get the dreaded "there is no playable file" where the files are supposed to appear) AND my photos don't show up either (just the folders.) Funny thing is that my home movies (AVI) and other movies (also AVI) show up in the folder on the television, but won't play (something about being corrupt.) I have one avi that I got from somewhere that has a MKV file with it that actually does play. I was also able to get MPG movies to work...

JohnM
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Ok, I edited your profile. I do have other stuff in mine because of the types of files I have. I commented out all of the audio file stuff and replaced it with a different mp3 section. It should play your mp3s and transcode other files to mp3 format. Keep in mind that the Sony uses that interface so you must select Music before selecting your server. Than music again in that list. So you will not be able to play or see the music files if you are in the video section. so when you press home on the remote I think it will default to the video selection. You need to press left to move over to Music and left again for Photo. Once you have the right section than select mezzmo. Thing about the Sony BDPs is they will not play avi files unless you have a Canadian model. That is a limit imposed by Sony. The only video files that will work is Mpeg(1/2), m2ts, mkv. All of those should use AC3 audio. For instance I have several hundred movies and shows in iPod format (.m4v). That is mpeg4/aac audio in a H264 wrapper. None of them are playable directly. If I want to watch them they need to be transcoded. I could just rip them into a supported format, but then they wouldn't work on an iPod. Sigh Anyway try this for a profile. Remember to backup your current one first. After you put it in the profiles directory, open the gui stop and start the server.

<MezzmoDeviceProfile>
<version>112</version>
<device>
<guid>AEE56A9A-3F76-4300-94B9-60FD58EBAFF5</guid>
<name manufacturer="Sony" model="BDP (NTSC, No DivX)"/>
<useragent>UPnP/1.0</useragent>
<xavclient>Blu-ray</xavclient>
<mezzmoserver></mezzmoserver>
<transcoding enabled="1" minimumstreamingsize="2000000" waitmsbeforestreaming="2000" contentlength="5" autorotateimages="0"/>
<devicedescription>GenericDeviceDescription.xml</devicedescription>
<packetsize>524318</packetsize>
<packetsize>4096000</packetsize>
<videomax width="1920" height="1080" />
</device>
<descriptiondeliveryrules>
<!-- delivery description rules specify what the device will see for each file. A file is considered to be supported if
it matches a format, audio/video codecs within that format and any codec limits in this device profile. Best fit is
if one of the 2 stream from a format description matches the original file. Preferred transcoded format describes
the best quality format a device can play. Transcoded list is all combinations of formats that we can encode to,
possibly including preferred transcoded and baseline. When building a file description, Mezzmo follows the following
rules order: supported, bestfit, preferredtranscoded, transcodedlist, baseline, nonsupported -->
<!-- please note that if transcoding is disabled or baseline and preferredtranscoded are set to no,
then the nonsupported flag is automatically set to yes. If transcoding is disabled, then only supported and
nonsupported rules are checked and used. -->
<supported>yes</supported>
<!-- baseline, bestfit, transcodedlist, nonsupported and preferredtranscoded can be either one of: yes, no, auto
yes = always deliver, no = never deliver, auto = deliver if not delivered already by one of the rules above it -->
<bestfit>auto</bestfit>
<preferredtranscoded>auto</preferredtranscoded>
<transcodedlist>auto</transcodedlist>
<baseline>auto</baseline>
<nonsupported>auto</nonsupported>
</descriptiondeliveryrules>
<avcontainer id="mpeg" name="mpeg_ntsc" encode="1" mimetype="video/mpeg" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="MPEG_PS_NTSC" format="dvd" supportschunked="0">
<video>
<format id="mpeg2video" encode="1" codec="mpeg2video">
<dimensions width="1920" height="1080" />
<copyts>1</copyts>
<framerate>29.97</framerate>
<gop>18</gop>
</format>
</video>
<audio>
<format id="ac3" encode="1" codec="ac3">
<channels>2</channels>
<channels>6</channels>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
<format id="pcm_s16be" encode="0">
</format>
</audio>
<ffmpegadditional>-threads 4 -copyinkf -sc_threshold 1000000000</ffmpegadditional>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="mpegts" name="mpegts_transcoding" encode="1" format="mpegts" mimetype="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" dlnaprofile="MPEG_TS_SD_NA" supportschunked="0" preferredtranscoded="1">
<video>
<format id="mpeg1video" encode="0">
</format>
</video>
<video>
<format id="mpeg2video" encode="0">
</format>
</video>
<video>
<format id="h264" encode="1" codec="libx264" preferredtranscoded="1">
<copyts>1</copyts>
</format>
</video>
<audio>
<format id="ac3" encode="1" codec="ac3" preferredtranscoded="1">
<channels>2</channels>
<channels>6</channels>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
<ffmpegadditional>-threads 4 -coder 1 -flags +loop -cmp +chroma -me_method hex -subq 6 -me_range 16 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -b_strategy 1 -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 0 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -bf 3 -refs 2 -directpred 1 -trellis 1 -flags2 +bpyramid+mixed_refs+wpred+dct8x8+fastpskip -wpredp 2 -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb</ffmpegadditional>
</avcontainer>
<!-- <avcontainer id="s16be" name="lpcm" encode="1" mimetype="audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="LPCM" preferredtranscoded="1" supportschunked="0">
<audio>
<format id="s16be" encode="1" codec="pcm_s16be" preferredtranscoded="1">
<channels>2</channels>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="mp3" name="mp3" encode="0" mimetype="audio/mp3" baseline="1" preferredtranscoded="0" dlnaprofile="MP3" supportschunked="0">
<audio>
<format id="mp3" encode="0" codec="libmp3lame" preferredtranscoded="0">
<bitrate>320000</bitrate>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer> -->
<audio>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_lrg" encode="1" mimetype="image/jpeg" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_LRG" supportschunked="0">
<image>
<maxdimensions width="4096" height="4096" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_med" encode="1" mimetype="image/jpeg" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_MED" supportschunked="0" preferredtranscoded="1">
<image>
<maxdimensions width="1024" height="768" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_tn" encode="1" mimetype="image/jpeg" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_TN" preferredthumbnail="1" supportschunked="0">
<image>
<maxdimensions width="160" height="160" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
</MezzmoDeviceProfile>