PDA

View Full Version : Automatic maintain "bot"

mrgenie
10-20-2015, 05:35 PM
I thought this was already implemented in Mezzmo but since I can't find it's settings in Mezzmo, I assume it's not.

I have bought this nice piece of software called: SyncBackPro and it's keeping track of changes of files in my folders with very low CPU and RAM dedication.
The moment it senses a change, it will automatically update that change to my backup server.

Would it be possible for adding such a feature to mezzmo as well? If a file changes/date/time/size or new file, file removed, etc..
A) wait for the "change" to be completed i.e. no other windows process is requesting access to that folder
B) for at least 1 minute nothing has changed to that folder
C) if A and B apply, now automatically do "Maintain" over that folder with the changed/added/removed data

That way I don't even need to go into the Mezzmo program at all and simply have a 1 time: setup and forget

Paul
10-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. We have improved maintaining folders in the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0. You can now set a "Refresh Interval" so that Mezzmo will check for new or changed files every [X] minutes for a particular folder that you have included in your Mezzmo library. You can define [X] as you wish. For example, this lets you tell Mezzmo to check for new files in your downloads folder every 30 minutes so that your folders and Mezzmo library are up-to-date. It should greatly reduce the need to run Maintain Library on a daily schedule.