PDA

View Full Version : Random shuffle not updating

HomerRamone
10-29-2015, 07:50 AM
I just replaced a WD TVLive with an HTPC running KODI.

For the most part its working really well but I do have an issue. I have a playlist that contains 3 random files matching a criteria. (A TV show filter in essence).
Its set to sort by random shuffle. However once all 3 items are watched it doesnt seem to be updating the list.
When using the WD if I was to go 'up' a folder then enter the playlist again I would get 3 different random items. Now I dont :(

Possibly this is something to do with KODI rather than mezzmo but wondering if theres something I can do to force it to refresh.

jbinkley60
10-29-2015, 12:54 PM
I just replaced a WD TVLive with an HTPC running KODI.

For the most part its working really well but I do have an issue. I have a playlist that contains 3 random files matching a criteria. (A TV show filter in essence).
Its set to sort by random shuffle. However once all 3 items are watched it doesnt seem to be updating the list.
When using the WD if I was to go 'up' a folder then enter the playlist again I would get 3 different random items. Now I dont :(

Possibly this is something to do with KODI rather than mezzmo but wondering if theres something I can do to force it to refresh.

This seems to be a Kodi thing. KI haven't been able to get Kodi to rescan a uPNP folder or playlist without shutting it down and restarting. If anyone else has different behavior, I'd like to know the settings. I agree that the WD boxes scan folders and playlists upon entry.

Paul
10-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Kodi seems to be caching the list of files in a playlist/folder and re-using them. Mezzmo always delivers an up-to-date list of files when requested. There is one Mezzmo device profile tweak we can try to see if Kodi changes it's default behaviour. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide the device to try.

HomerRamone
10-30-2015, 04:53 AM
mails sent !

Paul
10-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Thanks - we've sent you a tweaked device profile to try.

jbinkley60
10-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Paul,

I tried the device profile you sent with 2 different versions of Kodi (OpelElec 5.0.8 and the latest Kodi 15.2) and no luck with either. This seems to be something within Kodi and how it does caching. There's a number of threads on the Internet asking the developers to allow an option to disable it. If you are thinking about a plug-in for Kodi there are four items which seem to be key:

1. Removing Kodi sorting and display in the order in which Mezzmo sends
2. Ability to resume where you left off playing a file
3. Improved displaying of Mezzmo metadata
4. Reduced caching of playlist and folder data (maybe a setting to allow the users to set a refresh interval)

Paul
10-31-2015, 01:26 PM
That's sad news about the device profile :(.

Thanks for your suggestions for the Kodi plugin. We'll address these limitations of Kodi when we create the Mezzmo Kodi plugin.