PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Hardware Decoding (nVIDIA NVENC and QuickSync Support by FFMPEG)

smitbret
10-29-2015, 10:14 AM
I ran across a snippet on the internet that says that the latest releases of FFMPEG support hardware encoding for nVidia NVENC and Intel QuickSync. Will that be a feature that makes its way into Mezzmo soon?

Paul
10-29-2015, 02:07 PM
We've looked into hardware acceleration in FFmpeg a few times over the past 1-2 years and it was either not completed or stable or providing standout performance. We'll re-investigate it again once Mezzmo v5.0 is released.

luziol
11-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Hello,

I am considering Mezzmo as DLNA server. I would be almost convinced if QuickSync was on Mezzmo 5 roadmap :)

regards
Lukasz

Paul
11-06-2015, 11:04 AM
As mentioned, it's certainly on our roadmap. We'll build FFmpeg with QuickSync capability and test its performance over the next few weeks. If it performs well (i.e. is stable & fast), then we'll include it in the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0.

luziol
11-06-2015, 06:24 PM
I'm glad to hear that - really looking forward to it.

Paul
11-17-2015, 10:48 AM
Update:

We've completed our re-testing of Intel QuickSync hardware video encoding and it is performing well. There are significant performance gains to be made when using Intel QuickSync, so it will assist real-time transcoding on-the-fly and pre-transcoding of video files.

We'll include it into the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0, and you will be able to try it when public Beta testing commences.

luziol
11-17-2015, 06:08 PM
Fantastic! I am still hesitating which streaming server solution would be the best for me, and now I'm almost convinced that it should be Mezzmo.