PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Client and Server Mismatch?

SolihullRog
11-08-2015, 06:01 PM
When I view my (Mezzmo Server) movie lists on my TV, a few (say 3%?) of the movie icons are wrong.

I go to my PC to correct them, using the Mezzmo client, and I find that they are correct.

I have a sneaky suspicion that old, unseen data can lurk in the Mezzmo library. Either that, or there may be a bug in the server.

I'm hoping that the problem will go away if I rebuild my database, but is there anything I can do to track it down?

Paul
11-09-2015, 09:38 AM
It could be that your DLNA device is caching the artwork and re-using them. Try turning off your device for a few minutes (I suggest you pull out the power plug if your device goes into standby mode when switching off) and see if that flushes out the artwork cache on the device.

SolihullRog
11-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Hi Paul,

On second viewing, the number of erroneous icons was more in the order of 10%.

I turned off my PC, my router, and my TV (via power plugs) but this made no difference - so not a caching problem.

I then cleared my Mezzmo database and repopulated it with maybe 10 % of my movies - concentrating on folders where the corrupted entries had been.

Their icons were perfect.

I then added folders containing perhaps another 20% of my movies.

The movies which had originally been corrupted were now corrupted again. There was a pattern in that it was exactly the same movies which were corrupted, and each had been corrupted in the same manner as originally.

So, if a week ago, movie A was showing movie B's icon, then even after rebuilding the database from scratch, movie A was again showing movie B's icon. About 10% corruption.

I'm using 4.1.3.41.

Is this likely to be carried through to version 5?

I should add that I have one movie - an MP4, which repeatedly turns up under Music, as well as under Videos. All my movies are MP4's. I'm not adding music to my database during current tests.

Paul
11-13-2015, 10:05 AM
That is an interesting problem. We'll fix it up for Mezzmo v5.0 with some help from you. We'd like you to repeat the steps of clearing your Mezzmo database and then following the same steps as before. This time, turn on logging after clearing your Mezzmo database (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Remember to restart your Mezzmo server and restart Mezzmo (Windows) app after turning on logging. Once the problem has been reproduced, then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for analysis.

For the MP4 movie that appears as a music file, please right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Email this information to us as well.