PDA

View Full Version : Profile needed for Dune HD Duo

ZazaBB
12-09-2015, 05:49 AM
Hello Paul and crew.

The only Dune profile I have is for the HD B1 which does not work with the HD Duo I have. Can you provide a profile please? - Thanks in advance.

Paul
12-09-2015, 09:34 AM
We can create a new device profile for the Dune HD Duo. To do this, we'll need the following:

A list of the supported video formats, music formats, photo formats and subtitle formats that your device supports. The more information about this the better. Check your device's manual or product web site.
A set of logs when you connect to Mezzmo server from your device. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server from your device and browse some folders/playlists and try to play a few files. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs.

Email this information to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

ZazaBB
01-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Greetings!

Well, over the past few months I have played with the Dune HDB1 profile as suggested to try and find a happy profile for my Dune HD

Duo. It did not work as hoped after all the various tries at buffer sizes, etc.

Subsequently, I allowed the HD Duo to access files directly via shares on several machines on my network. Whether it was AVI, MP4,

MKV, SD or HD, and no matter what else I threw at it, it played every file almost immediately with no lag on startup. No issues of

any kind with regard to fast forward, rewind or searching the files were evident.

So I decided to wait until I built another server, similar to what I am running now, except with a single processor, less RAM, and

less storage. I put sever types of files on the machine and for it's maiden run I installed Mezzmo and turned on logging. I used ONLY

the HD Duo on the machine and let it choose what profile to use. It used "Unknown Device" and I plugged along. It actually played

better wit hthe unknown profile than with the HDB1 profile.

I have uploaded a new set of logs named "Mezzmo_Logs_Dune_HD-DUO.zip" to the support email address. Please eddeavor to persevere and

come up with a profile that I can use for the HD Duo please.

While I am at it, I am going to try using my Popcorn Hour C200 again and see if it works too.

Thanks for all of your efforts!

Paul
01-29-2016, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the update. We'll check the logs and report back to you.