PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Android app and Sonos Music Players

harlank
12-09-2015, 11:03 AM
I installed the Mezzmo app on my samsung(android) phone and it does not recognize my sonos music devices. Apparently Sonos music players are not supported. Are there plans to add support for Sonos in the future?

harlank

Peter
12-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Hi Harlank,
The Mezzmo android app works with UPnP media renderers so if the sonos music device is a upnp renderer then the Mezzmo app should be able to work with it. Does the sonos get listed in Mezzmo on the PC in the Play to menu?

harlank
12-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Sonos is not listed in the play to menu. What I understand is that sonos players are UPnP compliant, cannot act as a server but that they are a media renderer. I have used an streaming app called 8player on an ipad. it recognized the Sonos players and used Mezzmo to seamlessly stream music to the four sonos players I have in the house.

Peter
12-09-2015, 12:08 PM
We may be able to get Mezzmo working with the Sonos devices, please enable diagnostic logging in Mezzmo on the PC http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging then after restarting your Mezzmo media server turn on the Sonos device then after about 5 minutes send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we should be able to see the Sonos description document.

harlank
12-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Peter

I have tried twice(yesterday,and fifteen minutes ago) to send the logs to support@conceiva.com and both messages have been returned as "undeliverable"

Harlan

Paul
12-10-2015, 01:01 PM
We are receiving many support emails daily so there does not appear to be any major service problems. It may be possible that the logs you are sending are >10MB and the email is being rejected as being too large. If you have not done so already, zip up the logs to make them smaller and then email the zipped logs to us - or upload them to a filesharing site like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. and email us the download link.

harlank
12-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Ill try one more time-the logs are zipped and only 441 kb

Harlan

Paul
12-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Got them now :). We'll report back via email after we analyze them.

harlank
12-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Thank You Paul-really appreciate it.

Harlan

KGriff
03-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Thank You Paul-really appreciate it.

Harlan

Was this matter ever resolved? I have Mezzmo on my home Windows PC and the Sonos speakers installed on the same network. Clearly the Sonos software is designed to work both with Windows Media Server and Rhapsody UPNP Server but the software appears to block Mezzmo and other 'third party' upnp server software.

Obviously this is by design by sonos, but I was wondering if there was some kind of work around... I assume it would mean Mezzmo going through some kind of proxy service and identifying itself as a Windows Media server... Does Mezzmo have that capability?

I'm just curious to see if there is an answer to this issue?

Ken

Paul
03-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Hi Ken,

Yes - we now have Sonos devices working with Mezzmo :). We'll be including a Sonos device profile in the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0. Or, you can email us now at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide it to you with your existing Mezzmo v4.1.3.0.

KGriff
06-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Can I ask if the "Sonos Connect" profile should work with Sonos and any type of controller? I have just installed v5.0.3.0 of Mezzmo and it automatically found my Sonos speakers on the same home network and auto-allowed access etc.

I can see the Mezzmo connection in my Sonos controller software on both my PC and my iOS iPhone/iPad Sonos Controller App, but it says unable to browse music. Sadly, I do not own an Android device, but does anyone know if the Sonos connect profile should work for ANY controller or is it simply just for Android??

Any help is appreciated :-)

Paul
06-10-2016, 10:11 AM
It should work fine. It's best we set a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now restart your Sonos controller software & try to list Mezzmo on it and browse / play some music. When that fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

KGriff
06-10-2016, 05:17 PM
It should work fine. It's best we set a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now restart your Sonos controller software & try to list Mezzmo on it and browse / play some music. When that fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Thanks Paul,

I have emailed you the zipped log files and a couple of screenshots... One shows the iOS Sonos controller and the other shows the Windows Sonos Controller both are saying 'unable to browse the music' ... The Windows Sonos controller is on the same PC (Ken-Com) as the Mezzmo server... All devices are on the same local LAN (localnet).

Ken

KGriff
06-10-2016, 05:27 PM
Paul.

A couple of other things to add to the above... I have tried to access Mezzmo via the iOS Sonos controller app with the Windows firewall turned off and I have also tried things with Mezzmo installed on another PC on the LAN called 'Media-Com', but I still get the 'unable to browse music message'... Just for your info.

Paul
06-10-2016, 06:15 PM
OK - thanks. We'll analyze your logs and report back via email.