PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 5 Issues so far...

Hashybot
12-23-2015, 07:06 PM
Hey Paul,

If this thread has already been started, just move me to the relevant area.

Two Issues I've encountered so far with version 5.0:

The first is when I goto change my Folder Image (so edit the icon that shows up for the folder on Kodi), the screen won't scroll down so I can apply. I tried it in 1024x768 (which is my usual res that I use for work), and I also tried it on 1280x1024. In both cases I could change the image easy enough but couldn't scroll down to apply it.

The second issue is the image search. When I went to search for an image from the web (to apply on my folder), I typed in HD Movies Icon (and other variants of that), and everytime it would come back with other movie covers etc. It uses to come back with the correct search on version 4x.

On the lighter side, my database imported correctly so so far so good. Looking forward to the final release.

Cheers Hashy.

Paul
12-24-2015, 09:16 AM
Thanks, Hashy. We'll look into these issues for the next Beta. Email all further feedback to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

jajchodges
12-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Is anyone else having the issue in viewing there customized folders on the web browser or am i not doing something correctly.

Smile
12-25-2015, 10:44 AM
This is not an "issue" as much as a desire. With the ability to share multi-media outside of the traditional intranet, it would be great to have the ability to see who is logged in and what they are using.

smitbret
12-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Hey Paul,

If this thread has already been started, just move me to the relevant area.

Two Issues I've encountered so far with version 5.0:

The first is when I goto change my Folder Image (so edit the icon that shows up for the folder on Kodi), the screen won't scroll down so I can apply. I tried it in 1024x768 (which is my usual res that I use for work), and I also tried it on 1280x1024. In both cases I could change the image easy enough but couldn't scroll down to apply it.

The second issue is the image search. When I went to search for an image from the web (to apply on my folder), I typed in HD Movies Icon (and other variants of that), and everytime it would come back with other movie covers etc. It uses to come back with the correct search on version 4x.

On the lighter side, my database imported correctly so so far so good. Looking forward to the final release.

Cheers Hashy.

I had the same issue with being able to scroll down in properties menus.

I think they would rather have us report the bugs to support@conceiva.com rather than here in the forums, though.

Hashybot
12-27-2015, 06:56 AM
I had the same issue with being able to scroll down in properties menus.

I think they would rather have us report the bugs to support@conceiva.com rather than here in the forums, though.

Yep, Paul pointed that out directly below my post. ;)

Paul
12-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. We'll review each suggestion/issue and make some improvements for the next Beta.

jajchodges
01-21-2016, 10:15 AM
Hey Paul
Is mezzmo beta ment to be shown as a network device in windows 10??? My mezzmo 4 is.
Also is version 5.0 designed to be on the server (on same computer with movie/music/image files)
As if the file is //servername/movies/movie.mp4 it wont play through the webpage extension comes up can not play

Paul
01-21-2016, 11:51 AM
There's no change to Mezzmo v5.0 regarding how it runs under Windows 10, so it should appear just like Mezzmo v4.x does. If it is not appearing, then it could be firewall related (i.e. it is blocking Mezzmo server). Go to the Media Server Settings dialog and make sure the 'Configure Windows Firewall' button is disabled (click it if it is enabled). And, in this dialog, try changing your Mezzmo server name to a different name and click OK. This will force your Mezzmo server to be re-registered as a Windows services and it may unblock it.

Mezzmo server streams files from any location - i.e. your computer, NAS drives, external USB drives, etc. If your NAS-based files are not streaming, then it suggests there may be access permission problems. See this FAQ to fix the problem - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network.

jajchodges
01-24-2016, 10:49 AM
Sorry Paul but i have checked this out on two pcs and neither show the beta program within the network however media player and other devices such as kodi/wdtv pick up the beta program

Paul
01-27-2016, 02:55 PM
We have reproduced the issue now and will fix it for the next Mezzmo v5.0 Beta.

plazaro63
05-15-2016, 05:56 PM
How do I access my library using browser outside my home? The FAQ link wasn't working. Thanks.

Paul
05-15-2016, 06:15 PM
We're just writing a new wiki at the moment so it is not available as yet. Here's some notes that should help.

To access your Mezzmo media server from outside your home network, you will need to forward the port of your Mezzmo server from your router so that your Mezzmo media server is exposed to the Internet. By default, the Mezzmo media server’s port is 53168. Next, you will need to find out your computer’s IP address by opening a Windows command line (press the Windows key on your keyboard and ‘R’ together then type ‘cmd’ and press Enter) and then run ‘ipconfig’ in the command line to find out your IP address. With these details, you can then go to your router’s webpage (you will be able to see this in the output from ipconfig as the default Gateway) and log into it and find the section for port forwarding. Add the IP address and port for the Mezzmo server. For more help, see http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Up-Port-Forwarding-on-a-Router or http://www.howtogeek.com/66214/how-to-forward-ports-on-your-router/ for more information about forwarding ports in your router.

Once your port is forwarded in the router, then you can add this information to Mezzmo. Go to the Media Server Settings dialog and add the remote port into the ‘Remote Access Port’ field and click OK. Now you can go to Media Server -> Web Access and double-click on the ‘Admin’ user (or another user) to set your Web Access password and set the "Allow the user to connect (Allow)" checkbox. Click OK to save your settings and edit teh user again. You should be able to now click on the remote access link to test that remote access is working. If all goes well, then you should see the Web Access login page in your web browser. If you get an error, then check your port forwarding settings in your router again to make sure the port is forwarded correctly.

bengels
05-15-2016, 06:55 PM
Recently my Mezzmo instance is upgraded to version 5. There are some great improvements, but also some bugs. The most annoying one for me right now is related to subtitles. When I play a movie file with external subtitles, not using transcoding, the subtitles are out of sync. For some reason the timeline is incorrect. If the length of the file is 45 mins it shows after a few seconds that it is at 43 / 45 mins. What I mean is that it seems the movie is already nearly at it's end while it has just begun. The movie on it self plays fine, but the subtitles are not shown. To circumvent this I restart the movie, fast forward a little bit and then it's running fine most if the time, expect for a small offset of 1 or 2 seconds.
I remember having that same issue in an older version of Mezzmo. I will reproduce the issue with logging enabled and send it to support.

Just wondering if other people experience the same...

Paul
05-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Please do send us the logs into support and we'll address the issue ASAP. Also, email into us the following:

If the subtitles are external files (.SRT, etc.), then email them into us as well.
Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information' and email this to us also.
Let us know the device you are streaming to and the device profile assigned to your device in the Media Devices dialog.

Peter
05-16-2016, 08:59 AM
The log shows Mezzmo is transcoding the file and when transcoding the file is listed with the original file’s bitrate which the Samsung B TV uses to time the subtitles. You can resolve this by disabling transcoding by going to ‘Media Devices’ and double-click your TV in the list then on the Transcoding tab uncheck the box to ‘Transcode incompatible formats so that they can be played on the TV’. If you have files that need to be transcoded you can pre-transcode them so that the subtitles will work correctly.