PDA

View Full Version : Parental Control Confusion

karimun
01-04-2016, 12:01 AM
In your FAQ it says:

If you also use the Mezzmo Android app to browse your Mezzmo library and select files to play in your home, then you can gain full access to your Mezzmo library at any time by entering a PIN code in both the Options dialog (Content Ratings page) and in the Settings on the Mezzmo Android app. This PIN code tells Mezzmo to bypass the content restrictions for the Mezzmo Android app and list all folders, playlists and files on your Mezzmo Android app.

I have found only one place where I can set a PIN code, its in: Tools > Options > Tab "Content Ratings"
But in your FAQ you say "and in the Settings on the Mezzmo Android app"
There is no other place that mentions a "PIN code", neither in the Android App itself (= on my smartphone), neither in Mezzmo "Media Device Settings" (= on my PC)

So where and how should I enter the PIN code again "to bypass the content restrictions"?
I use Android app v1.1.7 as viewing "device"

Paul
01-04-2016, 08:17 AM
In Mezzmo (Windows) app, go to the Options dialog (Content Ratings page) to set the PIN. Now, in Mezzmo (Android) app, you can set the same PIN on the Settings page to bypass any content rating restrictions.

karimun
01-05-2016, 06:25 AM
Please ignore my ignorance. I am simply not able to find that settings page in my Android app v1.1.7
Would you please be so kind and post a screenshot or something.

Paul
01-05-2016, 08:09 AM
On your Android device, run the Mezzmo (Android) app. Touch the Menu key on your Android device and you will see a Mezzmo popup menu appear. Touch 'Settings' on the popup menu to display the Settings page. On the Settings page, touch 'PIN to unlock all content' and enter your PIN there.