PDA

View Full Version : Closing the program

rwreuter
01-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Thanks Paul, email sent.

One more thing...not a biggie but I thought I'd ask.

When you "X" out of the software it actually closes it but when you minimize it, it removes it from the task bar (great idea) and places it in the icon box at the lower right of the screen (don't know what it is called). Is it possible to cause the program to NOT close when you "X" out of it and to do the same as when you minimize it. Then to actually close it, you have to right click on the icon and select close or close it from the program in the file drop down box.

The reason I ask is because often I want to move minimize the software and not have it on the task bar. It is just nice knowing it is always running in the background and I don't have icons littering the task bar.

Rob

Paul
01-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Hi Rob,

Generally, you don't need Mezzmo (Windows) app running all the time. You only need to run it when you wish to add some files, change some metadata, create a playlist, etc. Mezzmo server runs as a Windows service, has no user interface and will (by default) run whenever you start your computer. See the Media Server Settings dialog for the startup options for Mezzmo server.

rwreuter
01-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the clarification.