PDA

View Full Version : Cable Cutter, Live local Air Channels

lentesclaros
01-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Is there a way to stream local air channels to Roku with Mezzmo? I cut the cable I think it's too expensive for what I get out of it. I found a solution using Plex but I would prefer to use Mezzmo since I currently have it for my movie streaming.

Paul
01-14-2016, 09:54 AM
The upcoming Mezzmo v5.0 has channels (via it's new plugin interface), so that enables Conceiva & third-party developers to add any source of media into Mezzmo - e.g. video from web sites, etc.

lentesclaros
01-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Paul, that's great news. Is there a time frame of when we get to download/purchase v5 of Mezzmo?

Paul
01-14-2016, 10:20 AM
We're in Beta testing at the moment, and once we fix all the major issues found during testing, then it will be ready for release :).

jeffreybc55
01-16-2016, 02:52 PM
We're in Beta testing at the moment, and once we fix all the major issues found during testing, then it will be ready for release :).

Paul,

Long time user here.... I too have recently "cut the cord" and have this new device called HDHomerun.....It takes an aerial / OTA antenna signal and converts it to H264 and sends it over DLNA to all my Tv's .... I guess why I am saying this is that I really am looking for a streaming DVR... most of all TV Guide..... Now that is something us cord cutters would be willing to pay in terms of a monthly service model. Is this possible in your "realm?" Literally a DLNA TV guide based on my region.

Paul
01-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Interesting idea. Can you email us your ideas how you imagine this would work? We'll certainly look at it for Mezzmo. Email all information to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Many thanks!