PDA

View Full Version : How to stream DVD ISOs to an OPPO or to a Marantz 8802

swest
01-22-2016, 02:04 PM
First off, the "Tutorial: How to stream DVDs and DVD ISOs to your devices" isn't.

I don't know who wrote it, but I'm afraid it's useless...

I have a directory full of ISOs that I ripped from DVDs that I own. I have pointed Mezzmo to that directory, and it has cataloged, and added artwork to, the entire set of DVDs. So far, so good.

Now, how do I get my OPPO 105, or my Marantz 8802 to actually play those ISOs? It's seems a little intuitive, but it doesn't matter what I do, the display look like it's going to start to play the ISO, but then it just goes to Stop...

And, to be clear, the OPPO and the Marantz both see Mezzmo, and can access its lists of movies. The Media Server Settings say that the server is running, with a valid port, and it says that 'Windows Firewall is correctly configured to work with your media server'.

???

- s.west

swest
01-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Sending logs to support.

Paul
01-22-2016, 02:46 PM
It does not appear to be a problem with Mezzmo and your ISOs since they have all been recognized by Mezzmo (Windows) app and are listed in your Mezzmo library. It is probably due to access permissions if your ISOs are stored on a NAS. We'll take a look at your logs shortly and report back to you via email.

swest
01-23-2016, 08:11 AM
Yes, Paul got my problem figured out. I'm not sure I understand why, but I had to set the Access credentials (to the NAS) to use my swest account (as opposed to the 'Local System' account? whatever that is... I'm not much of a Windows kinda guy, I'm afraid).

Anyway, it's working like it should.

Thanks!

swest
01-23-2016, 08:14 AM
p.s. I also found out that the Marantz won't stream video, only audio. From what I read online, that seems to be a general rule. Not sure why, but, at least I understand now why the Marantz doesn't work like the OPPO.

- s.west

Paul
01-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Glad you are up and running now :). You are right - most AV receivers (like your Marantz) only stream audio.