PDA

View Full Version : Some videos not showing up on all devices

Alan_C
01-31-2016, 05:38 PM
I have a Samsung TV upstairs and a Samsung blue-ray player downstairs. Both have hardwired Ethernet cabling. The problem is that i can't see all the video files on the Blue-ray player that i can see on the Samsung TV.

I can browse the directory that I've shared and see the content of some folders, but not others.

Example on the Blue-ray player I select the Boardwalk Empire folder. I can not see any videos, but see only see another subfloder called 'watched". I open that can can see all the video in that folder. On the Samsung TV, I open the Boardwalk Empire folder and i see the 8 videos in that folder and the subfolder called 'watched". I open that can can see all the video in that folder.

My Blue-ray player is a BD-H5100. My device profile is set to Samsung D.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Paul
02-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Try setting the device profile for your BD-H5100 to 'Samsung H'. Let us know if that works better.

Alan_C
02-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Fixed. Thanks.

Turns out I was looking at the Mezzmo profile for the wrong Blue ray player (I have 2 downstairs). The one I should have been looking at was set to Toshiba BDP. I changed it to Samsung H, and stopped/restarted the server and the shows now appear correctly.

Thanks for the assistance.

Paul
02-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Glad you are up and running now :).