PDA

View Full Version : How to Remove Computer Directory from DB

rcblackwell
02-14-2016, 10:00 AM
When I setup Mezzmo I included a number of computer folders (Directories) in Mezzmo's search field. I would now like to remove one of those folders but cannot figure out how. Searching through FAQ's and this forum hasn't provide any insight.

How does one remove a Computer Directory from the Mezzmo database?

Paul
02-14-2016, 10:14 AM
Select the folder in the tree in Mezzmo and press the DEL key. You will be prompted to delete the folder.

rcblackwell
02-15-2016, 12:20 AM
Select the folder in the tree in Mezzmo and press the DEL key.

Paul, It appears I haven't explained the problem correctly. I understand how to remove a folder from the Library that appears within Mezzmo. What I cannot figure out is how to stop Mezzmo from scanning a particular folder on the PC.

When setting up Mezzmo I selected several Photo folders that were to be scanned by Mezzmo. Those folders were;

D:\Users\User Name\Pictures\Post Processed
D:\Users\User Name\Pictures\Post Processed - Special Effects
D:\Users\User Name\Pictures\Originals
D:\Users\User Name\Pictures\From Others
D:\Users\User Name\Pictures\Lightroom Exports

I would like to stop scanning these folders;

Or better yet, change Mezzmo so it only scans one Picture directory;

How do I make that change? I don't want to reset Mezzmo as doing so will cause a loss of filers established in the Music and Video Library's.

Paul
02-15-2016, 08:52 AM
I assume you have the folder "D:\Users\User Name\Pictures" added into your Mezzmo library. You should delete this folder from your Mezzmo library using the technique I mentioned in my previous post. When deleting the folder, you will be promoted to delete the files associated with this folder; click No to keep the photos in your Mezzmo library. Now add the folder that you want to have in your Mezzmo library - i.e. click on the Photos playlist in the tree in Mezzmo and then click 'Add To Library' -> 'Add Folder' to select the folder you wish to add (e.g. 'D:\Users\User Name\Pictures\Originals'). Let us know if we have misunderstood, and we can help further.

rcblackwell
02-16-2016, 12:20 AM
I assume you have the folder "D:\Users\User Name\Pictures" added into your Mezzmo library. You should delete this folder from your Mezzmo library using the technique I mentioned in my previous post. When deleting the folder, you will be promoted to delete the files associated with this folder; click No to keep the photos in your Mezzmo library. Now add the folder that you want to have in your Mezzmo library - i.e. click on the Photos playlist in the tree in Mezzmo and then click 'Add To Library' -> 'Add Folder' to select the folder you wish to add (e.g. 'D:\Users\User Name\Pictures\Originals'). Let us know if we have misunderstood, and we can help further.

The assumption is incorrect. The following folders were added;

The folder 'D:\Users\User Name\Pictures' contains several sub-folders. What's listed above represents six of the 10 folders within.

I do not see the folder referred to. Here is what I see in the Mezzmo Library;

What should I be seeing?

Paul
02-16-2016, 09:20 AM
The screenshot is showing the Photos playlist and under it a Year / Month active playlist. The Year / Month active playlist lists all your photos according to the year and month.

I assume that you are seeing photos listed under this playlist from folders that you don't want included. If yes, and you wish to delete these unwanted photos, then do the following:

1. Click 'Create Playlist' -> 'Smart Playlist'.
2. On the Smart Playlist Properties dialog, give your smart playlist a name (e.g. Temp).
3. Add a rule as follows:
[File path] [starts with] [D:\Users\User Name\Pictures\Post Processed]
4. Click OK and you will see all files in your Mezzmo library from this folder.
5. Select all files in this new playlist (using Ctrl+A) and then press the DEL key to delete them from your Mezzmo library.
6. Right-click on the new playlist and click Properties. On the Smart Playlist Properties dialog, change the file path to "D:\Users\User Name\Pictures\Post Processed - Special Effects" and repeat the deleting procedure.
7. Do this for all folders that have photos that you don't want.

rcblackwell
02-17-2016, 01:23 AM
This was very helpful....

Thank you

Paul
02-17-2016, 07:04 AM
Glad you are up and running now :).