PDA

View Full Version : Moving Mezzmo to new OS

MidnightInAurora
02-19-2016, 12:18 PM
Good evening,

I'm preparing to upgrade (some would argue that term) to Win 10 x64. I read the How-To on backup/restore and the question that was answered about license use.

I just wanted to confirm those two things before I begin the upgrade.

1. Will the backup process save both the DB and all the app settings in Mezzmo? If not, how do I save all the Mezzmo settings?

2. I want to confirm that there is no license deactivate/reactivate process. Once installed on the new OS, I just re-enter the previously used key.

Windows 10 isn't bad. It's more like Windows 7.5 than a new OS, which makes it's use quite easy.

Jim

BTW - Would like to see Mezzmo 5 before Windows 12.

Paul
02-19-2016, 04:03 PM
Some answers:

1. The backup process saves your Mezzmo library, text metadata, artwork and Mezzmo server settings. It does not backup your Mezzmo (Windows) app settings - such as small/medium/large/details View mode, etc.

2. After you uninstall Mezzmo from your old PC, then you can install the latest version of Mezzmo (v4.1.3.0) and enter your Mezzmo registration details to register it as a full, registered version.

TimC
02-19-2016, 07:33 PM
I'll just add that I did an insitu upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with absolutely no issues with Mezzmo - or any other software BTW.

MidnightInAurora
02-20-2016, 06:47 AM
Paul,

Backup and restore seemed to go okay. The libraries were back and streaming is okay.

However, all the artwork (covers) seems to be missing (or, at least not being displayed). I've tried maintaining an individual season with the standard settings and artwork is still not displayed. Browsing into a folder with WD TV or a Tab 4 tablet isn't kicking off any Mezzmo processes.

Did I miss a step somewhere or is something external to Mezzmo required in Win 10?

Thanks.

Jim

Paul
02-20-2016, 08:33 AM
There is a bug in Mezzmo v4.1.3.0 where under some circumstances artwork is not backed up & restored. We've fixed this for the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0. Or, you can email us now at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll email you a patch that will fix the problem for v4.1.3.0.

MidnightInAurora
02-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Paul,

One additional issue that we've seen after the DB backup/restore is the media titles.

For example:

Folder: Defying Gravity
Filename : 1x01 'Pilot'.mkv

Mezzmo Title before backup: 1x01 'Pilot'.mkv

Mezzmo Title after restore: Defying Gravity: S001 E001: Pilot

The DB in place is the one that was backed up and restored with the .50 patch.

Any suggestions on how to get a zillion titles back to their original state?

Thanks.

Jim

Isn't there some switch in Mezzmo that says use the filename as the title?

Paul
02-23-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi Jim,

A Mezzmo feature called 'Display Titles' is what you need to configure. See this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7267-Tutorial-How-to-use-Display-Titles-to-customize-the-titles-of-your-media-files.

If you have any troubles, let us know and we'll help out.

MidnightInAurora
02-23-2016, 04:12 PM
Thanks Paul. That fixed it. I forgot those settings existed.

I think we should all take comfort knowing that I'm not a nuclear reactor operator.

Jim

Paul
02-23-2016, 04:22 PM
Glad you are back up and running now, Jim :).