PDA

View Full Version : Playback control

Inquisition
03-31-2016, 03:21 AM
Hi!
I hate to keep bugging everyone here with my silly issues. The software is great, and so is the support. Going through the posts, I don't think that there isn't an issue posted that hasn't had a quick reply from the staff! :cool:

Anyway, I am having a problem controlling playback on my device (Sony SMP N200).
When playing .avi files (Xvid), I cannot fast forward or reverse. I can control this when playing .mp4 and .mkv files. I have confirmed that the files are not being transcoded, and are playing directly. Ironically, when I was using a different server (Twonky/PacketVideo), This issue was just the opposite; .avi files had controls, but .mp4 files did not. So I know that this isn't a limitation of my player. In fact, there is an Xvid logo right on the player.

I have tried files with different audio types (AC3 2 channel and 6 channel, and mp3 audio) is there something in the device profile that would cause this? Or is there something else I should try?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Paul
03-31-2016, 08:29 AM
There are a few things we can try in the device profile. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll try a few tweaks.

Inquisition
03-31-2016, 09:14 AM
Just sent you an email. I also attached the device profile that I am using.

Inquisition
04-01-2016, 07:56 PM
So apparently, the value [needstimebasedseek="1"] in the device profile was the issue. Not exactly sure what it is for, but when I removed it, the playback controls returned. I hope it wasn't important. Also hope my device doesn't explode now! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to Paul, who helped tremendously!

Happy streaming!!

Inquisition
04-01-2016, 08:52 PM
By the way Paul, I used version 305 of the profile to edit.

Paul
04-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Well done on troubleshooting this! Can you zip up your .PRF device profile and email it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com? We'll include your tweak into the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0.

Inquisition
04-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Certainly!

Paul
04-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Got it - thank you :)