PDA

View Full Version : Moved database to new computer; cannot get album art to display

gliot1
05-11-2016, 04:00 AM
I moved Mezzmo and my database to a new computer and now the album art is not displaying. It appears to be set up properly and most of my files have album art within the tag. Mezzmo doesn't appear to update it either by tag or via internet. The Metadata does update for videos........also it seems that Mezzmo crashes every now and then while doing nothing; sitting idle. It crashes and dumps. I don't want to have to rebuild the database from scratch and lose all of my updates I have made on my files over the years. This is being run on a Lenovo M91 with Windows 10.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Paul
05-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Both these issues have been fixed in the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0. You can wait for Mezzmo (Windows) v5.0 to be released (later today :D), or you can email us now at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a patch for v4.1.3.0 that will also get you up and running with your existing Mezzmo v4.1.3.0. Mezzmo v5.0 will be a free upgrade for all registered Mezzmo users.

gliot1
05-12-2016, 05:08 AM
No sense patching; will just do the upgrade tomorrow!!!

Paul
05-12-2016, 07:03 AM
No sense patching; will just do the upgrade tomorrow!!!

I agree - that's the best way forward.

gliot1
05-13-2016, 04:45 AM
It seems better in that I can at least just get the internet art, but I still have to do it manually, one file at a time. I would have thought that running maintenance would have retrieved the info, but it doesn't appear so. I don't want to run maint replacing all attributes as I have over 15k music files.

Paul
05-13-2016, 09:17 AM
It should work fine for all your files during maintenance. Try this: Right-click on a playlist or sub-folder of music files that have no artwork and click 'Maintain Playlist'. On the Maintain Playlist dialog, make sure you have the 'Update artwork' checkbox selected. Click the 'Metadata Retrieval Settings' button on this dialog and, on the Metadata Retrieval Settings dialog, go to the Music tab and make sure that the 'Get artwork from internet web sites' checkbox is selected. Try maintaining the playlist/sub-folder and see if it works OK. You will need to refresh the playlist/sub-folder to see the results after maintenance has completed.

If still no success, then we'd like to see a set of logs. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Exit Mezzmo (Windows) app and start it again. Repeat the above playlist/sub-folder maintenance and when completed, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.