PDA

View Full Version : Flock browser

ChrisAsh
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I've started to use Flock for my social networking (MySpace, Facebook, etc.). You mention the latest version works with Flock. What's the best way to use DownloadStudio with Flock?

Thanks, Chris.

Paul
08-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi Chris,

Since Flock is based on Mozilla Firefox, DownloadStudio adds all the same features and functionality in Flock as it does with Firefox. That gives you click monitoring for all your downloading, a right-click menu to do things like download flash video, photos, movies, etc. and a toolbar for quick access to DownloadStudio features.

To add DownloadStudio to Flock, follow these steps:

1. Start Flock
2. Using Windows Explorer, go to the DownloadStudio program folder and locate the DownloadStudio extension called "downloadstudio.xpi".
3. Drag/drop the "downloadstudio.xpi" file onto Flock. Flock will display a window for you to install the DownloadStudio extension. You will need to restart Flock after installing.
4. The next time you start Flock, the DownloadStudio extension will be integrated and you have all DownloadStudio features added.
5. You can click Tools/Add ons in Flock to view your extensions and change any settings.

I also suggest you take a quick look at the DownloadStudio help file for some useful tips and tutorials for downloading social media (photos, movies, videos, music, etc.). Or, just contact us if you're having any troubles.

Paul.

ChrisAsh
08-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Paul. Followed your instructions and DownloadStudio is working perfectly in Flock. Love it :D