PDA

View Full Version : High Playlist count

MikeHillier
05-18-2016, 10:12 PM
I have over 4,000 movies and I am using Mezzmo for these files only. In other words Videos only. I have created no playlists myself but in the Library properties window I see there are 37,476. Where did this number come from?
See attached screen print to help understand what my question is.

Paul
05-18-2016, 11:18 PM
The high number of playlists is probably generated by all the actors in your movies. Under the Video playlist, you will see an Actor playlist. Thi is one of the default playlists that are created when you install Mezzmo. This active playlist may have a playlist per actor that has been found in your movies' metadata. Mezzmo is designed to operate with a high number of files and playlists, so you do not need to worry about the high number.

However, if you don't use or want the Actor playlist (or any other playlist for that matter), then you can delete that playlist from your Mezzmo library to customize it as you want. Simply right-click on the Actor playlist in the tree in Mezzmo and click Delete. Mezzmo will prompt you to also delete the files under this playlist and you should click No so you keep your files in your Mezzmo library.