PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo does not update from Itunes

pvanosta
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
I regularly add files and folders and playlists to Itunes and I had set Mezzmo to auto-update.

Yet, new playlists and folders do not appear, unless I delete Itunes in Mezzmo and re-add Itunes, which is rather time-consuming, considering I have 24000 tracks and 300 GB of music alone.

What am I missing?

Paul
11-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Did you add the iTunes playlist as an external playlist (linked playlist)? If you did, then you can maintain that playlist and it'll update files in Mezzmo, it will also update when you browse it.

pvanosta
11-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Actually, to add my itunes to Mezzmo, I clicked

Add to library

then

Add iTunes Library

Was that incorrect?

Paul
11-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Sorry, what you're doing is correct, I was thinking of something else. So, can you right-click on the iTunes folder and do a Maintain Playlist on that and see if that works?

pvanosta
11-17-2010, 01:45 AM
That did work, thanks,

I have another question, which I'm happy to post in a separate thread if necessary.

Inside my playlists, all tracks show up alphabetically and they play in that order. How do I listen to an album or all tracks by a certain artist?

pvanosta
11-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Actually, I have to take back my previous statement.

I right-clicked on Itunes and did 'Maintain Playlist', but my new play list in Itunes called Motown still does not show up in my iTunes folder in Mezzmo

Also: in Itunes playlists, everything shows up by Album (my choice), whereas in iTunes Mezzmo, it's all alphabetical (see my post above in this thread).

Paul
11-17-2010, 09:33 AM
We'll investigate a new playlist not showing up and if this needs fixing we'll get it done.

With the track sort order - at the moment you cannot specify a special sort order, unless you create a smart/active playlist in Mezzmo, but playlists imported from iTunes are just normal playlists. A future version will allow you to specify a sort order for any playlist.

pvanosta
11-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Thanks Dennis,
With regards to the playlist:

In Itunes, my playlists are sorted by album, but somehow that order does not get transferred into the Mezzmo import of the Itunes playlist.

Paul
11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Yes, I don't think we're picking up the sorting order from iTunes, but even if we did, currently Mezzmo does not have the means to sort items in a "normal" playlist (which is what's created when you import iTunes). We'll get this implemented in a future version though.

badbob001
02-08-2011, 08:54 AM
From this thread, it seems to indicate that by invoking Add iTunes Library > iTunes Music Library.xml, Mezzmo will update itself when iTunes updates the iTunes Music Library.xml file? Is this true and not just a one time import? I tried this and the generated artist/album playlists we jumbled and mostly empty. I ended up deleting just adding my iTunes organized media folder. If Mezzmo does in fact use the xml file to keep itself in sync, how does one undo this sync?

Paul
02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
It will re-sync during Maintenance. However, Mezzmo only imports normal playlists, not smart ones from iTunes, so maybe that's why the playlists were empty?

badbob001
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I actually don't care about itunes playlist but just want mezzmo to mirror the artist/album information from itunes. That didn't seem to work. I wished there was an option to ignore the itunes playlists. So how does one break this sync (I may try it again later)? I just deleted all the stuff that mezzmo imported from itunes, but I'm not sure if that is good enough.

Paul
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
At the moment you can only either add the iTunes playlist, which will be re-synched during maintenance or add folders/files on their own, without going to iTunes and without reading the iTunes database (including artist/album/etc... information from iTunes, but instead getting that information from files themselves).

When you add the iTunes playlist, does Mezzmo not read in artist/album from it correctly? If it doesn't, then there's some issue there that we need to investigate.