PDA

View Full Version : Problem Updating to 5.0.3

MrQNet
05-21-2016, 01:54 AM
Updated using the Auto Update and it requested I restart windows to complete the installation. Now everytime I start M5 it tells me 'A previous package installation has not been completed. Please restart Windows....'

I have restarted several times but the message keeps appearing when I start M5 each time.

Ian

Paul
05-22-2016, 11:43 AM
Hi Ian,

This message is caused by Mezzmo's Auto Update not competing properly from a previous update install. To fix this, you will need to edit an entry in your Windows registry:

Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo.
Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type ‘r’. In the command prompt, type 'regedit'.
Warning: If you have never used the Windows Registry Editor, please be careful as it contains settings for Windows and your programs. I suggest you make a backup of your registry using File / Export... menu item in the Registry Editor before making any changes.
In the Registry Editor, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo\ AutoUpdate \ Settings (if you are running 64-bit Windows) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo \ AutoUpdate \ Settings (if you are running 32-bit Windows).
Double-click on the ‘busy’ item and change the value to '0' then click OK.
Exit the Registry Editor.
Start Mezzmo. It should be fine now.

MrQNet
05-24-2016, 12:18 AM
That fixed it - Thanks

axelian
05-24-2016, 05:25 AM
That fixed it - Thanks

Here too, nice efficient support here, thx

Paul
05-24-2016, 08:38 AM
Glad you are both back up and running :).