PDA

View Full Version : Parental control bypass?

joe33067
05-31-2016, 08:41 PM
I added a folder to my library, and set the Content rating at the folder level.

I have setup a PIN to be able to bypass content restrictions.

When I try to browse this folder from my WD TV Live, I get "no meda found for playback" which I expected.

However, I don't get prompted to enter the PIN.

Is there a way to watch these titles from my WD TV while maintaining the content blocking ?

joe33067
05-31-2016, 10:17 PM
I just noticed -

If I go to the "Recently Added" view (through my WD TV), I am able to see and watch those movies which I had set the content rating to block.

Is this a bug ?

Paul
06-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Some answers:

The PIN code only works with our Mezzmo (Android) app. When you set the PIN code in the Options dialog (Content Rating page) in Mezzmo (Windows) app, then you can enter the same PIN code into the Settings window of our Mezzmo (Android) app and this will let you view all media on your Mezzmo (Android) app - i.e. bypas any of your content rating restrictions that you may have enforced. And, then you can then push/play your media files onto your devices in your home using Mezzmo (Android) app. So if you have an Android smartphone or tablet, we do recommend you try Mezzmo (Android) app since it provides a very handy way to view your Mezzmo library and control your devices in your home. Search for Mezzmo in Google Play store.
When you set the content rating for a folder or playlist, that's all it does - i.e sets the content rating for that particular folder or playlist. You can use content rating restrictions for devices and users to show or not show the folder or playlist. It does not set the content rating for the individual files with the folder or playlist. Your files have their own content rating - these are automatically collected when retrieving metadata or you can manually set them yourself using the Properties dialog. If you do not have content ratings for your files and they are getting listed in the smart playlists (like Recently Added) or active playlists (like Movies, TV Series, etc.), there's 3 ways to fix this: (i) set the "Do not stream files that are unrated" checkbox in the Options dialog (Content rating page) so unrated files are not listed or streamed, or (ii) assign the appropriate content ratings to your files, or (iii) remove the smart playlists and active playlists from your Mezzmo library so only your folders are listed.

Let us know if you need further help.