PDA

View Full Version : Can't login WWW via external

JCDinPGH
06-03-2016, 04:49 AM
I have successfully setup a port forward in my router and was able to successfully login from an external site once but now it won't accept my userid/password anymore. I have tried the following and nothing allows me to login again. I do connect as I get the login banner, but nothing listed below seems to allow me to login again.
Restarted mezzmo service
restarted mezzmo app
changed password for failing userid
tried firefox and chrome.

Any ideas?

Paul
06-03-2016, 11:57 AM
You may not have set up the user to be allowed to access your Mezzmo server externally.

Go to the Web Access dialog and edit your user account. On the User Settings dialog, set the "Allow user to connect" checkbox to "Allow the user to connect (Allow)".

There are 3 states for the "Allow the user to connect" checkbox:

Allow the user to connect (Deny) - User is not allowed to connect to your Mezzmo server via web browser.
Allow the user to connect (LAN Only) - User can access your Mezzmo server via web browser on your home network.
Allow the user to connect (Allow) - User can access your Mezzmo server via web browser on your home network and outside your home network.

Let us now how you go.

JCDinPGH
06-03-2016, 01:58 PM
That setting was already enabled for the failing user.

You may not have set up the user to be allowed to access your Mezzmo server externally.

Go to the Web Access dialog and edit your user account. On the User Settings dialog, set the "Allow user to connect" checkbox to "Allow the user to connect (Allow)".

There are 3 states for the "Allow the user to connect" checkbox:

Allow the user to connect (Deny) - User is not allowed to connect to your Mezzmo server via web browser.
Allow the user to connect (LAN Only) - User can access your Mezzmo server via web browser on your home network.
Allow the user to connect (Allow) - User can access your Mezzmo server via web browser on your home network and outside your home network.

Let us now how you go.

Paul
06-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Can you use this user account to log into your Mezzmo server via a web browser on your home network?