PDA

View Full Version : progress bar at bottom of some streams

costero
06-04-2016, 02:31 AM
When I stream a movie from Mezzmo to my TV, it's perfect.
When I stream a TV show, I have (on the TV) a visible grey bar at the bottom of the screen -- like a progress bar.

I've been through all the settings, and I can't figure out how to make that go away.
And it's weird (to me) that it shows up for TV shows, but not for movies.

Btw, this is purely a Mezzmo artifact; when I view those TV shows from a USB flash drive attached to my TV, or view them on my PC, there is no grey bar.
Any ideas on how to clean this up?

Paul
06-04-2016, 08:20 AM
It could be part of Mezzmo's diagnostic tools. Go to the Options dialog (Logging page) and uncheck the "Burn progress bar into video when transcoding videos" checkbox. Next, right-click on a video that has this progress bar, and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and delete any transcoded files listed there. Now try streaming the video again. If the grey bar is still there, then take a photo/screenshot of it and post it here or email it to us at support [at[ conceiva [dot] com.

costero
06-05-2016, 02:07 AM
The "Burn progress..." was already unchecked, and no transcoded files were listed.

BUT, this appears to have been a one-time problem, and it probably was not even Mezzmo's fault.

I was trying out a new Vizio TV, along with their SmartCast app for Android, and it was during that experiment that I saw the strange bar at the bottom.
But now that I have given up the Vizio (it's a long story) and their SmartCast, everything is back to normal.

I'm very sorry for wasting your time on a non-problem problem. :(

Paul
06-05-2016, 11:05 AM
OK - glad you found the problem :).