PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from Mezzmo v3.3.1.0 to Mezzmo V5 database upgrade stalls

lanky71
06-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Hi,
I took the plunge and finally upgraded my Mezzmo V3.3.1.0 to the latest release V5 and it asked me to backup my database 2GB which I did, but then the next step about upgrading database it stalls... I've left it for over an hour and nothing happens just hangs there.

Any ideas?

P.S - Reason I waited so long at V3.3.1.0 was everytime I used to upgrade I would have issues and thought since now 2 major releases later should be safer lol

Paul
06-05-2016, 11:24 AM
From Mezzmo v3.x to v4.x, we did have a major change in the way that artwork was stored & handled. The upgrade step from v3.x can take quite a long time if you have lots of files & artwork. I'd suggest letting the upgrade step continue. If after another hour or so it still is not responding, then there could be something going wrong. In this case, we can determine the cause of the problem and fix it if we had a copy of your Mezzmo database. To provide this, go to your Mezzmo database folder (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo) in Windows Explorer. Zip up all the *.db files and upload the zip file to a filesharing site like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. and email the download link to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

lanky71
06-05-2016, 04:58 PM
I restarted the upgrade process and left it for over 2 hours and still no progress, so I've zipped all the .db files as requested - just under 2GB of data and started uploading to google drive - says it will take roughly 5hrs to upload.
So once done I'll email you the link to the shared file. Thanks.

Paul
06-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Thanks - once we get the link, we'll download your Mezzmo database and diagnose the problem to get you up and running.

Peter
06-06-2016, 11:22 AM
We found a problem where Mezzmo was stuck in an infinite loop during the upgrade, this has been fixed and the upgrade completed with this change. We will send you a patch so you can upgrade your db.

lanky71
06-06-2016, 08:21 PM
The patch fixed the problem and it's working perfectly! Thanks guys!

Paul
06-06-2016, 10:44 PM
That's great news. Glad you are back up and running :). Hope you enjoy Mezzmo v5.0!

chrisvdh
06-07-2016, 03:24 AM
We found a problem where Mezzmo was stuck in an infinite loop during the upgrade, this has been fixed and the upgrade completed with this change. We will send you a patch so you can upgrade your db.

Hi Paul,

It seems I am also stuck at the upgrading part. I am upgrading from v4.1.2.0 to v5.
Can you maybe also send me the patch please?

Thanks

Paul
06-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Yes - please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide it to you. The fix will also be included in the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0.4.0 release - which we expect to be available later this week.