PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Playlist in Library deleted but Mezzmo still use it in search results

fastbuck
06-08-2016, 10:08 PM
just for testing i've added my itunes playlist to mezzmo but found out that mezzmo will lag pretty hefty with my 28.000 mp3s so I've deleted the iTunes entry in the Library. I've run compact database and maintain library but the mp3s are still listed in search results when I just want to look for a movie. How can I delete the entries?

Paul
06-09-2016, 08:03 AM
The easiest way to delete a bunch of files is to create a smart playlist using search criteria that will match & find those files. Click Create Playlist -> Smart Playlist on the toolbar. On the Smart Playlist Properties dialog, add a rule(s) such as [File path] [starts with] [F:\Music\MP3]. Click the Music files radio button to restrict it to just music files. Click OK and you should have a playlist with your music files listed that you want to delete. Now you can delete it by right-clicking on the playlist in the tree in Mezzmo and clicking Delete. You will prompted to also delete the files contained with in it. Click Yes and your music files will be removed.

fastbuck
06-10-2016, 01:33 AM
Thanks Paul, that worked!

Paul
06-10-2016, 09:46 AM
Excellent. Glad you are back up and running :).