PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo works with Samsung Galaxy S as well!!

Robert123
11-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Via the Allshare App I can view media on my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 smartphone (Android 2.2) served by Mezzmo. That is really awesome! Thanks Conceiva! I use the Samsung Captivate profile which is technically (allmost?) identical to the Galaxy S. I also put the max resolution for transcoding to 800x480.

I tested it (so far) with pictures and videos. Both seem to work except for 1080p MKV files. So I would like to add that to the wishlist.

Also support for subtitles (embedded in avi and mkv or external .srt files) is missing. Can't does be transcoded into the videostream? So I'd like that on the wishlist too.

Paul
11-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks for sharing that!

Support for burnt-in subtitles will come with the next major Mezzmo update, but if the phone supports external subtitles (.srt/.sub) then it should pick them up even now.

Robert123
11-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks, I cannot wait for the next release! External subs do not seem to be supported on the Galaxy. Strangely enough because Samsung TV's with Allshare do support it.
I suspect that Mezzmo can serve media to the Galaxy Tab as well because it is basically an enlarged version of the Samsung Galaxy S i9000.

fluxgold
12-30-2010, 03:03 AM
hi,

mezzmo video dont work on my samsung galaxy 9000 - shows always "not supported fil format" -
i did everything as robert123 said. no chance.

please integrate galaxy support in the next release :-)

i have froyo 2.2 - all original software no mods

Paul
01-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Can you send us your logs? Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Try streaming a few files, then stop your Mezzmo server and email us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We will take a look at what is going wrong.

fluxgold
01-02-2011, 10:07 PM
i have send you the logs :)

happy new year ! :-)