PDA

View Full Version : Turn off Subtitles

MMXMonster
06-15-2016, 06:01 AM
I have turned off subtitles in every setting I can find and it still displays subtitles.
I have deleted the subtitles cache, turned off subs in options and have disabled them in individual movies. Yet they still play with subtitles. So frustrating. Am I missing some hidden option?

Paul
06-15-2016, 03:41 PM
A couple of possibilities - (i) Mezzmo has burnt the subtitles into the (transcoded) video so whenever you stream it, you see the subtitles, or (ii) the original video file has embedded subtitles inside it and your device automatically displays embedded subtitles when videos are played on the device.

For (i), right-click on the video and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and delete all transcoded files listed there. now try streaming the video. Assuming you have turned off burning subtitles, then the transcoded video will no longer have subtitles burnt into it.

For (ii) right-click on the video and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Post there here so we can see if there are embedded subtitles. Also, check if ou can turn off subtitles while the video is playing on your device by pressing the Options or Tools button on your device's remote control.