PDA

View Full Version : Auto Update not completed message popup

SilvrDrgn
06-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Something obviously has gone wrong with my v5.0.5 update. The Help -> About menu shows it is at v5.0.5. However, every time I start up the user interface, I still get this popup message.

I have rebooted my system multiple times, but it still happens. How do I fix this?

Paul
06-25-2016, 08:58 PM
This message is caused by Mezzmo's Auto Update not competing properly from a previous update install. To fix this, you will need to edit an entry in your Windows registry:

Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo.
Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type ‘r’. In the command prompt, type 'regedit'.
Warning: If you have never used the Windows Registry Editor, please be careful as it contains settings for Windows and your programs. I suggest you make a backup of your registry using File / Export... menu item in the Registry Editor before making any changes.
In the Registry Editor, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo\ AutoUpdate \ Settings (if you are running 64-bit Windows) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo \ AutoUpdate \ Settings (if you are running 32-bit Windows).
Double-click on the ‘busy’ item and change the value to '0' then click OK.
Exit the Registry Editor.
Start Mezzmo. It should be fine now.

SilvrDrgn
06-25-2016, 10:15 PM
That appears to have done the trick. Thank you!

Paul
06-26-2016, 10:03 AM
Glad you are back up and running :).

ftanner
06-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Glad you are back up and running :).

Hey Paul,

Would it be possible to put a check routine in there that pops up a box that says something like, "It appears that you have a failed or aborted upgrade. Would you like to clear it and re-try?" with a Yes/No that could delete that Registry key?

Paul
06-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Nice idea :). We'll fix that up for a future version.