PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Version 5 Media Server keeps crashing

kirock81
06-29-2016, 08:54 PM
Hi,

All of a sudden we are unable to stream onto our TV. The file begins to play and then stops about 5 seconds in and we get an error message by Mezzmo stating that an error has occurred. It has sent crash dump files to a folder to be sent to Tech Support. Please help

Paul
06-29-2016, 09:42 PM
Sorry for the problem. Please upload the crash dump file to a filesharing site like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. and email the download link to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

In the meantime, I recommend that you download the Mezzmo installer from www.mezzmo.com and run it. You do not need to uninstall your current Mezzmo. The Mezzmo installer will detect your current Mezzmo and ask you to repair the fileset. Click Yes. Mezzmo installer will repair your Mezzmo program files and hopefully you should be OK again.

jbinkley60
06-30-2016, 08:48 AM
I had the exact same problem with the initial 5.0.5 release and my Samsung TV. The Mezzmo media server service would crash with a crash dump. It was only a problem with my Samsung TV. All other clients worked fine. I downloaded the newer 5.0.5 installer and did the repair. All is well now. The good lesson out of this is that I set the service to auto restart, in case of a future error.

kirock81
06-30-2016, 07:07 PM
Hi Where do I find the Mezzmo installer?

kirock81
06-30-2016, 07:09 PM
Hi Thanks for the reply, Ive already got the latest update installed, How do I find the installer off their site?
Thanks.

Paul
06-30-2016, 07:11 PM
The latest Mezzmo installer is on www.mezzmo.com (click on the Download link).

kirock81
06-30-2016, 07:16 PM
And it seems to be only happening to my Samsung TV?
Just tried it on a Telstra Tbox and it has played for few minutes now?
Must be a glitch with the latest update?

Paul
06-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Your original post mentioned Mezzmo server was crashing. As mentioned in my reply, this issue has been fixed. To get the fix, you need to download the Mezzmo installer from www.mezzmo.com and run it. You do not need to uninstall your current Mezzmo. The Mezzmo installer will detect your current Mezzmo and ask you to repair the fileset. Click Yes. Mezzmo installer will repair your Mezzmo program files and hopefully you should be OK again.

kirock81
06-30-2016, 07:24 PM
Ok I just ran the download and McAfee is saying the signature of mezzmo-setup.exe is corrupt or invalid? And Deletes it?

Paul
06-30-2016, 07:34 PM
You will need to disable McAfee on your computer and then download and install the Mezzmo installer. The Mezzmo installer is fine. After installing/repairing Mezzmo, you can enable McAfee again.

rward1953
07-16-2016, 10:32 AM
Actually, I'm having a problem where the server stops after a few hours of inactivity. I realize that this might be a "feature" but I would like to know if I can disable it.

It seems that every time I want to access Mezzmo, the server is not running. So I have to go to the computer, start the server, and go back to my television.

The server tends to start without issue, although occasionally, the whole thing has to be re-booted. In truth, I have a large database of media, in a number of different formats, though most of my files are now MP4's and MKV's, and it could be updating the database, but I haven't added anything to it in the past 48 hours, and after 2-4 hours of inactivity, I am back here re-booting the server so I can access my media.

I've done this easily about 10 times since the last update. Is this something that can be changed?

Paul
07-16-2016, 10:45 AM
If you can capture this in a set of logs, then we'll know why it's happening. Turn on logging (see http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging) and then restart your Mezzmo server. Use Mezzmo as you normally do, and then when it stops suddenly as you say, then stop your Mezzmo server (if running) and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.