PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Transcoded Video still stutters

tomtomitom
07-12-2016, 06:14 AM
Hi! I have pre-transcoded a video (MKV; 1,1GB) to play in a BRAVIA KDL-40EX655. Format: +mpegts (+h264, +ac3) and I'm burning subtitles in it.
When it's transcoding it goes to 8 fps or so. And when I play it, it stutters. What am I doing wrong?

Peter
07-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Hi,
Please make sure to wait for pre-transcoding to complete before playing it on the TV. If transcoding has completed and when you play it on the TV it still stutters then it may be a bitrate problem or a network bandwidth issue, try going to 'Media Devices' and double-click your device in the list then on the Performance tab select the bitrate that best matches your network speed then try pre-transcoding the file again to see if the problem still occurs.

tomtomitom
07-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

I already changed the bandwitdh options, I have an ethernet cable, and I'm guessing I was not using its full potential or something. I am now pre-transcoding another video, and I stopped the media server because it has played(tried to play) the video on my TV earlier before it had finished the pre-transcoding process. My only concern is that it says "Transcoding 10,5% at 9 fps". Isn't that low?

Anyways, I'll let you know if the bandwith configuration solved it once it's done. Thank you!