PDA

View Full Version : Samsung UE55F9005 with Evolution Kit 2015

MadsBakholt
07-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Hi there,

It seems that there's not yet an updated profile for the Samsung F9000 series TV's with Evolution Kit 2015(Tizen)?

The observation is that MTS files from my camcorder can now play directly on the TV without the need for transcoding!

The media profile however is not yet updated and/or there's no new media profile for the series TV's with the 2015 Evolution Kit...

If I decide to create a new media profile how can I tell what formats the new Evolution Kit supports natively?

Paul
07-19-2016, 09:59 AM
You can email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide an Samsung F + Evolution Kit device profile to try. In your email, please provide the following:

The list of video, audio, photo & subtitle formats the your TV + Evolution Kit supports.
A set of logs. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now try to play a video on your TV from Mezzmo server. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us.

MadsBakholt
07-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Hi Paul,

But that's really not the issue - to create a new profile!

The problem is: how do you know what formats(video, audo, etc) the Evolution Kit supports? Try and Error?

Paul
07-19-2016, 04:27 PM
The problem is: how do you know what formats(video, audo, etc) the Evolution Kit supports? Try and Error?

We start with the documentation for the device (if it exists), then we use the DLNA protocol information that the device returns when requested, and then finally trial-and-error (playing various files to see what plays and what does not play). Unfortunately, the documentation for a device and the DLNA protocol information that the device returns when requested can often be out-of-date or not contain enough information (e.g. maximum video bitrate, number of channels, codecs, etc.). So we test devices extensively here ourselves and our users report to us what files are supported and what are not supported. We are always tweaking device profiles so they are optimal.