PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with my WiFi devices detecting Mezzmo

biancaaallen
07-23-2016, 06:08 PM
I am having trouble with my WiFi devices not detecting Mezzmo. The problem started roughly the same time I upgraded to v5, could be a coincidence or not. For example, I have a Telstra T-Box connected via powerline adapter that always detects Mezzmo and streams without any trouble. I have a Samsung TV that is also connected via powerline adapter and it will detect Mezzmo most of the time. I have several iPads/iPhones using the 8 Player app that won't detect Mezzmo unless I restart the Mezzmo service on my PC. I can access Mezzmo via the web access on my Safari browser with no trouble at all, even when my 8 Player app won't detect it. I have tried running the Mezzmo installer to repair Mezzmo but it hasn't helped. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Paul
07-24-2016, 11:07 AM
Try rebooting your WiFi router. Quite often your router can be the cause of these sporadic connection problems. Next, check your firewall for any recent changes (updates). I also suggest you visit our FAQ about connection issues - http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=mezzmo_server_not_listed_on_device. It contains the most likely causes and fixes for this issue.

biancaaallen
07-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the reply. I rebooted my router, checked my firewall and also uninstalled my Plex media server. I even downloaded the VLC media player app, thinking it might be a problem with the app not Mezzmo, but I'm still having the same trouble.

Paul
07-25-2016, 11:22 AM
OK - it's best we see a set of logs so we can see what's going wrong. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now try to reproduce the problem you are having on your devices. After reproducing the problem, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.