PDA

View Full Version : Searching (web and client)

devildog
08-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Is there a way to limit the search capabilities through both the web browser and Windows client to only specified folders and/or drives?

On my Mezzmo server I have 1 drive dedicated to media streamed through Mezzmo and on the same server I have another drive I use to mux, compress, edit other media files that aren't ready to streamed. When using the search feature in the browser or the client, it's displaying all matching criteria from the entire server even though all of the Mezzmo library is only pointing to one drive through folders and/or playlists. The client search isn't a problem since that's accessible only on the server but the full system searching through the browser should be limited. I looked in the settings and I don't see an option to adjust this.

Thanks

Peter
08-19-2016, 11:02 AM
Hi,
the search only looks for media files in the Mezzmo database, so if you have only added drive 'c' for example with media and drive 'd' has the content not ready for streaming Mezzmo will not find the content on drive 'd'. It sound like you might have added the content on drive 'd' at some point but removed the folder from Mezzmo without removing the content. You can try using the Maintenance tools http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=maintenance_tools&s[]=change to change the path of all files on drive 'd' to make them inaccessible then run Maintain library to remove all files that cannot be found on disk. So you would change the paths beginning with d:\ to z:\ to make them no longer valid.

devildog
08-19-2016, 12:18 PM
The secondary drive with incomplete files was added to the server after Mezzmo had been installed, configured and the database was built so I know I didn't add it in anywhere through the client as there wouldn't have been a need to.

To test your steps, under maintenance tools, I updated the options for original path and new path to include just the drive where the media ready for streaming is. Once done, I ran the maintain library update but Mezzmo is still searching and displaying files from both drives. Is there any other configuration settings that can control or restrict read access?

Thanks

Peter
08-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Mezzmo does follow symbolic links so if you have a shortcut to the secondary drive on the main drive Mezzmo will follow this and find all the files on the secondary drive. Otherwise Mezzmo will only add the files to the database if the parent folder has been added to Mezzmo.

Using the maintenance tools you need to set the original path to the drive for the secondary drive then the new path to an invalid drive that you don't have like z:\. This will change all the file paths for the secondary drive to invalid paths and when you maintain the library these files will be removed.

devildog
08-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Thanks Peter. I updated the original path to the secondary drive that shouldn't be scanned, added the primary drive that should scanned and reran maintenance and searching is now only showing files from the primary drive. It's strange that it scanned the secondary drive since there are no symbolic links to that drive anywhere on the server. It was added as a secondary drive and was enabled through Windows normally.

Another search question; is it possible to add a feature to turn off or disable search for certain users through the browser?

Peter
08-19-2016, 02:37 PM
Yes, we will add a feature to allow turning off search for certain users in one of the next updates.