PDA

View Full Version : Search question

joe33067
08-20-2016, 01:51 AM
When performing a "C" search (pressing the letter C at a folder level), the returned results are for EVERYTHING in the library - not just at the specific folder I happen to be on.

Is there a way to limit the search from the current folder and down, rather than having it return all values?

Also, is there a way to have the search look only at the filename, not the description?

Paul
08-20-2016, 09:12 PM
Using Quick Search in Mezzmo (Windows) app, there's no way to customize it to search a particular folder or attribute. It always searches your full library and always searches common attributes like title, filename, description, artist, album, etc.

We recommend using a smart playlist for searching for specific files in specific folders with specific attributes, etc. You can always delete the smart playlist after you're done with it :).

joe33067
08-21-2016, 05:18 AM
Does it make a difference if I am performing the search from my media player (which is running the mezzmo add-on).

Paul
08-21-2016, 04:38 PM
OK - if you are using Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on in Kodi media center, then you can search for specific attributes by turning on/off the search criteria (title, actors/artist. series/album, description, etc.) in the Search settings for the Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on in Kodi.

joe33067
08-22-2016, 01:09 AM
But what about performing the search from a starting point, like in a particular folder?

Paul
08-22-2016, 06:35 AM
Sorry - but the Mezzmo For Kodi Add-on does not let you search from your present position - it always searches your whole Mezzmo library. We'll discuss here possibly adding the current folder/playlist as the search starting point.

joe33067
08-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Thanks Paul.