PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Roku App

kikboxr777
09-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Hello

I am having issue with the Roku app playback. Installed Mezzmo server on computer in network and it appeared completed with all downloading of meta data and files. I loaded the app onto my Roku. All the movies appear in the movies folder. The first movie that I tried (Movie A), I clicked on play and it showed the loading bar with the green bar progressing a little bit two times. It then kicked me back to the movie title page. I tried another movie (Movie B) and it did the same thing. I then waited and went back to the first movie (Movie A) and it worked without issue. I went back to the 2nd movie and the issue continues. Just for giggles I went back to Movie A and now the movie will not play any longer. Anyone else having this problem or any ideas on what the issue might be and how to resolve?

Thanks

Mike

[UPDATE] - I have two Roku devices. My hardwire one (XS) has no issues playing the file through the Mezzmo app. The issue is the one that is wireless Roku 1 (which is much closer to the router). I have checked the speed of the wireless network and that does not appear to be an issue.

Peter
09-12-2016, 08:10 AM
Hi Mike,
please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try playing Movie A and B on the wireless Roku then after the problem occurs send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can investigate. It could be a device profile issue so please check to make sure that the wireless Roku has the Roku Streaming Media Player profile set in 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo.

OlaviSpiliakos
09-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Hi Mike,
please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try playing Movie A and B on the wireless Roku then after the problem occurs send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can investigate. It could be a device profile issue so please check to make sure that the wireless Roku has the Roku Streaming Media Player profile set in 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo.

Thanks.. you solved my problem too.